Access to Postgraduate loan Watch

LReid09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi

Could you please clarify for me if a student who previously paid for their own Post Graduate qualification, could access the Post Graduate Masters Loan? I appreciate that SFE state they do not fund people who already hold the qualification at that level but in the Scottish system if you paid your initial course yourself and had not accessed the government system you could then access the funding.

I did ask in another thread but I made a mistake as I wanted to put my query direct to SFE.

Much appreciated

Louise
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LReid09)
Hi

Could you please clarify for me if a student who previously paid for their own Post Graduate qualification, could access the Post Graduate Masters Loan? I appreciate that SFE state they do not fund people who already hold the qualification at that level but in the Scottish system if you paid your initial course yourself and had not accessed the government system you could then access the funding.

I did ask in another thread but I made a mistake as I wanted to put my query direct to SFE.

Much appreciated

Louise
SFE don't care whether your previous qualification was funded or not - they're only interested in the level of that qualification. If you don't hold a Masters degree (even if you have a PGDip/PGCert/PGCE or other postgrad qualification) then you'll be eligible for funding, if you do then you wont.
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by LReid09)
Hi

Much appreciated

Louise
Hi Louise,

What postgraduate degree do you already hold?

Regards,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads