Future job Watch

ArtmisKco
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
What job pays a minimum of roughly £60000 and is in the sciences like biology and chemistry? What degrees do you need for it and a levels?
Millie_Rose_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hiya!

Most well-paid jobs often do require a University degree, so A-Levels may be required. Of course, there are many other options like higher apprenticeships, so research what interests you by using the UCAS website, University websites etc.

Furthermore, salaries are also dependent on where you live. For instance, I would get a lower salary compared to someone in London because the standard of living is so much more (housing, utilities, etc are more expensive)

I have found a website that might be useful to you. When looking for what you want to do in the future, don't let salaries affect you. Of course, having money is important, but enjoying what you do is, in my opinion, more so. ( https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles )

Things like Medicine and Dentistry will have higher salaries, but are hard work and require both Biology and Chemistry at A-Level and will require you to take some form of entrance exam. Either the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) or BioMedical Admissions Test BMAT.

I hope this helped, and good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for!
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If you're expecting to graduate any instantly be on anywhere near £60k anytime soon after graduation you're in for quite the shock.
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by RegisteredBMS)
If you're expecting to graduate any instantly be on anywhere near £60k anytime soon after graduation you're in for quite the shock.
Depends on course and university. Imperial Compsci grads can expect a median £45k start. Oxon maths grads £35K, compsci grads £40k.

You can make close to that very quickly after graduating.

Seriously though, there are many tools online that give an idea of median start salary.
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
And many are incorrect, as people that actually work in those fields will tell you.
(Original post by vicvic38)
Depends on course and university. Imperial Compsci grads can expect a median £45k start. Oxon maths grads £35K, compsci grads £40k.

You can make close to that very quickly after graduating.

Seriously though, there are many tools online that give an idea of median start salary.
ArtmisKco
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Ah thank you guys so much! No I won’t let money bother me, what matters the most is if I enjoy the job and and am happy to do it (money is second)
Yes I know that starting salary is firsts low but it gets higher within experience and I will use the website thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed