My teacher gave me a 3 in effort ort Watch

Hanamahmoud05
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
One of my teachers gave me a 3 effort and she makes me really annoyed and I am so sad because she never grades or marks my work and says that I’m doing bad so I should be moved down should I let my parents complain
Davy611
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should allow your parents to raise concerns in a mutually supportive environment. If this 3 (which I presume isn't great) has come out of nowhere then it's a justified exercise to question the motivation behind it. Also, bold statements like 'should be moved down' shouldn't be surprises. If you've submitted work regularly and it hasn't been marked then the teacher isn't necessarily fulfilling their side of the education agreement and that could be challenged.

Or, take the opportunity of a new start in a different group?
Hanamahmoud05
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
thank you
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't fuss too much about "effort" grades, pay more attention to the actual grade. (at my school it was very much possible to get high grades and a very poor effort grade and vice versa, it really didn't mean much)
LivingGunn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
does it bother you that much? i get 3s and 4s, and even got a 5 before due to a certain teacher... teachers' perceptions of your effort shouldn't matter, they really mean nothing anyway.
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Let your parents go in and discuss the matter.The teacher should be telling you what you need to improve your effort grade.Are you sure you are handing it in on time.If you are, and you have asked her what she requires from you then followed that advice then it is time to send in the seniors!I would advise they write a physical letter to the head and outline the problem it usually speeds things up.What are you getting for your attainment level.
I once had a biology teacher who gave me B- for every piece of work I handed in for years.I was a straight A student and I thought I must just of been rubbish at Biology.Come year 9 we got a new teacher and suddenly I was getting A's and A- I mentioned this to a friend in the year above who said did you notice that the only girls that teacher gave top marks too were pretty and skinny and usually blonde.I realised it was true and at the end of that year he married a former 6th former who fitted that description!I never regained my confidence in Biology but it did teach me a lesson.
After that if I ever started getting unexpetedly low grades I would ask where I was going wrong and state I intended to get a high mark in that subject.It usually resulted in instantly higher grades.Sometimes teachers just misjudge pupils abilities by making assumptions due to things like what grades your friends get.This even happened to me when training to be a teacher.And some teachers are just poor at their job!
Let us know how you get on.
(Original post by Hanamahmoud05)
One of my teachers gave me a 3 effort and she makes me really annoyed and I am so sad because she never grades or marks my work and says that I’m doing bad so I should be moved down should I let my parents complain
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hanamahmoud05)
You should ask your teacher why they have rated your effort levels at 3 and what change they would like to see from you in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate