Further maths or computer science a level? Watch

Jassie03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So far I've chosen biology, physics and maths but I'm not really sure about further maths and computer science. The sixth form doesn't offer further maths before A-levels start, instead after one month of learning you will do a test and you have to get an A or A*, how hard should that be? I want to possibly do a computer science degree but I might just go to uni, will not doing a computer science A-level ruin my chances of doing a computer science degree apprenticeship?
Last edited by Jassie03; 1 week ago
Ameba
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jassie03)
So far I've chosen biology, physics and maths but I'm not really sure about further maths and computer science. The sixth form doesn't offer further maths before A-levels start, instead after one month of learning you will do a test and you have to get an A or A*, how hard should that be? I want to possibly do a computer science degree but I might just go to uni, will not doing a computer science degree ruin my chances of doing a computer science degree apprenticeship?
Did you mean to say a computer science a-level?
Jassie03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ameba)
Did you mean to say a computer science a-level?
Oh yh, I’ll fix that
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ameba
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/subject-gu...mputer-science

Scroll down to the entry requirements on this.

I think it's best to take computer science if you want to get ahead of the game and start learning it as soon as possible.

You could take further maths, but since it can be a hard subject you have to think about whether you can get a good enough grade in that subject to meet the entry requirements. They usually don't ask for specific qualifications, but it can help to have things like computer science.
Jassie03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ameba)
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/subject-gu...mputer-science

Scroll down to the entry requirements on this.

I think it's best to take computer science if you want to get ahead of the game and start learning it as soon as possible.

You could take further maths, but since it can be a hard subject you have to think about whether you can get a good enough grade in that subject to meet the entry requirements. They usually don't ask for specific qualifications, but it can help to have things like computer science.
Thank you 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed