Repeat Year Watch

KayleighLouisex
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi

Im currently applying to my uni to re-take year 2 due to mitigating personal reasons. They are a little difficult to get all of the information I need from so I thought I would ask here.

I have already applied for Student Finance for year 3 before I discussed with them repeating year 2. I need to appeal the exam board at the end of July before I will receive confirmation of this.

Should I request to change my student finance year now back to year 2? or wait until I have had confirmation from the uni regarding the repeat year? I expect to receive this sometime in August
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi KayleighLouisex,

If this if for 19/20 academic year you can apply for repeating second year now then if you need to change this at a later point you can do so on your online account here http://ow.ly/dRKY30mAdwu. How many years previous study do you have already? How long is your course? Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus 1 additional year minus any previous study, whether completed or not.
Thanks,
Claire
(Original post by KayleighLouisex)
Hi

Im currently applying to my uni to re-take year 2 due to mitigating personal reasons. They are a little difficult to get all of the information I need from so I thought I would ask here.

I have already applied for Student Finance for year 3 before I discussed with them repeating year 2. I need to appeal the exam board at the end of July before I will receive confirmation of this.

Should I request to change my student finance year now back to year 2? or wait until I have had confirmation from the uni regarding the repeat year? I expect to receive this sometime in August
KayleighLouisex
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi Claire

Thank you, I will change it ro repeating year 2 until I receive confirmation.

I haven't received any funding except for the course I am currently on (currently on year 2 out of 3, so I believe I have 2 years funding including the additional year). This will allow me to repeat Year 2 and still have the years funding for the third year.

Can you confirm if I will be entitled to both Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan on a repeat year?

Kind Regards,
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by KayleighLouisex)
Hi Claire

Thank you, I will change it ro repeating year 2 until I receive confirmation.

I haven't received any funding except for the course I am currently on (currently on year 2 out of 3, so I believe I have 2 years funding including the additional year). This will allow me to repeat Year 2 and still have the years funding for the third year.

Can you confirm if I will be entitled to both Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan on a repeat year?

Kind Regards,
Hi KayleighLouisex,

If you have no other previous study then you will be entitled to full funding Maintenance Loan, Tuition Fee Loan and Supplementary Grants (if applicable) for the repeat year and your final year. Thanks, Claire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads