The Student Room Group

Tips to boost your personal statement and CV for law

I remember when I had to write my personal statement I wanted to stand out but wasn’t entirely sure how!

Simple ways to highlight your interest include reading a law book or subscribing to a weekly legal magazine or newspaper.

Attending university open days are a great way to show your interest. Many universities like the University of Law hold other prospective days too. Yesterday, I helped out at a business prospective student day where the attendees spent the day improving their public speaking skills alongside learning about how a successful business is run. They the presented group presentations to a panel of judges. This is an excellent CV/ personal statement booster as it shows interest in he subject alongside team and individual work!

Volunteering or gaining pro bono (free legal work) is brilliant if you get the opportunity, however it is not a necessity so do not worry if you are unable to find any.

If anyone has any questions or tips then please comment down below.

Natasha
Third year law student at London Bloomsbury
University of Law makes offers to 95% of applicants to the LLB. https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-law-l17/courses/law-llb-hons-2020-397aceef14af

Does anyone even read the PS?
Yes there is also clearing which is now open, offering lots of students a chance to enrol!

I applied to this uni through clearing :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending