Offered more than the maximum amount of maintenance loan? Watch

TheMythicalBeast
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m studying medicine, going into my second year which is supposed to be 36 weeks (I heard someone say you can get more loan if your course is longer). I know the maximum maintenance loan is £8944, but I’ve been offered £9520. I’m studying outside of London. So I’m a bit confused over the amount as I know it’s more than the maximum, has anyone had experience with this or knows why I’m getting more?

Thanks
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheMythicalBeast)
I’m studying medicine, going into my second year which is supposed to be 36 weeks (I heard someone say you can get more loan if your course is longer). I know the maximum maintenance loan is £8944, but I’ve been offered £9520. I’m studying outside of London. So I’m a bit confused over the amount as I know it’s more than the maximum, has anyone had experience with this or knows why I’m getting more?

Thanks
is it that you have a couple of extra weeks this year? what does your entitlement letter say?
SFE Tegan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by TheMythicalBeast)

Thanks
Hi,

If your term dates are longer than the standard course length of 30 weeks and 3 days then we can give you additional Maintenance Loan for being on a long course. This is based on your household income and living location during the academic year.

Thanks, Tégan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads