i don't talk to a boys, help?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i'm 16 and i feel like i'm the only girl in my friendship group and year group who doesn't talk to a single boy. And although this isn't a worry for me just yet, I feel like I'm the only 16 year old girl who doesn't, and I'm afraid it's not normal I won't be comfortable in uni. Any other girls out there who doesn't??
keptinside
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why don’t you talk to “a boys”
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
it was an obvious typo -.-
(Original post by keptinside)
Why don’t you talk to “a boys”
Heyysarah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wdym by talk? Like, engage in a long conversation with them? Texting? I've never talked to boys in my class properly, only small casual conversations, usually with other people. Don't worry about it.
Heyysarah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you uncomfortable/shy around guys?
Anonymous #1
like engaging with boys entirely, chatting, texting, etc. i go to an all girl's school, so I don't see boys everyday. i haven't spoken to a single boy in 5 years lmao :lol: , which is a little embarrassing, my friends do speak to at least one. I'm just scared I'm going to be really awkward in uni. also thanks for the input, I'm a little reassured

also, i do feel a little uncomfortable surrounded my boys my age in public
(Original post by Heyysarah)
Wdym by talk? Like, engage in a long conversation with them? Texting? I've never talked to boys in my class properly, only small casual conversations, usually with other people. Don't worry about it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i'm 16 and i feel like i'm the only girl in my friendship group and year group who doesn't talk to a single boy. And although this isn't a worry for me just yet, I feel like I'm the only 16 year old girl who doesn't, and I'm afraid it's not normal I won't be comfortable in uni. Any other girls out there who doesn't??
i'm kind of the same bc i go to a girls' school, and i don't have friends outside of school. i wouldn't worry too much about it, when you get to uni i'm sure that there will be lots of opportunities to meet new people. maybe ask one of your friends to introduce you to some if you really want to talk to them?
Heyysarah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lol, I used to be really uncomfortable with guys my age too. I'm pretty sure once you start uni, you would gain more confidence/talk more with boys. I went to an all-girls school from yr 7-9 so I can definitely relate to you.
like engaging with boys entirely, chatting, texting, etc. i go to an all girl's school, so I don't see boys everyday. i haven't spoken to a single boy in 5 years lmao :lol: , which is a little embarrassing, my friends do speak to at least one. I'm just scared I'm going to be really awkward in uni. also thanks for the input, I'm a little reassured

also, i do feel a little uncomfortable surrounded my boys my age in public
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are a lot of "a boys" you can talk to in university, what's the rush?
Anonymous #1
damn, why is TSR so ruthless with typos
(Original post by Xarao)
There are a lot of "a boys" you can talk to in university, what's the rush?
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
damn, why is TSR so ruthless with typos
What are you a talking about?

:rofl: Sorry I'm just messing.
Anonymous #1
that's definitely true, thanks so much
(Original post by Heyysarah)
Lol, I used to be really uncomfortable with guys my age too. I'm pretty sure once you start uni, you would gain more confidence/talk more with boys. I went to an all-girls school from yr 7-9 so I can definitely relate to you.
thanks so much for this! i thought i was the only person, and I'll try to,thanks
i'm kind of the same bc i go to a girls' school, and i don't have friends outside of school. i wouldn't worry too much about it, when you get to uni i'm sure that there will be lots of opportunities to meet new people. maybe ask one of your friends to introduce you to some if you really want to talk to them?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
np
Katykin444
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn’t worry about it when I was 16 last year I hardly spoke to any boys other than the occasional small talk conversation,but as you move on from school you I’ll find there is so many opportunities to meet new people and you will begin to feel more comfortable around boys 🙂
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Sounds completely normal to me! These days I feel like girls your age are pushed to grow up too quickly, I barely spoke to guys until I started college and Even then it was mainly gay ones. Take your time, everyone moves at their own pace. Once you get into college, Uni and Work etc you’ll meet a bunch of new people male and females
Olivia.Omo16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel you sis
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you just shy or do you sort of think that boys are a completely different weird species? What do you say to girls?
rcmotorboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nothing wrong with never talking to a guy. Maybe the peer pressure having to see the other females talking to males around you is the real issue and they could be setting the bad example.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (522)
59.32%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.43%

Watched Threads