Philosophy or Sociology Watch

jstogen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi, I just finished my GCSEs and I'm in the process of choosing my A Level options. I've already chosen to do English Literature and Maths - however, I'm debating my 3rd option, whether to do Sociology or Philosophy. At University, I'd like to do Law. As a result of this, what would be better for me?
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Philosophy would better suit Law but at the end of the day what do you enjoy more.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Please refrain from making multiple identical threads.
SubZero~
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
It's hard to give an answer to that to be honest because both are relevant. I'd pick what you enjoy more.
anonymous1231231
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Sociology. It's piss easy if you put in somewhat of an effort.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
It doesn't really matter, both are relevant from different perspectives, and neither is relevant enough for it to make a difference. Whichever you are more interested in, and that you think you're more likely to do well in as a consequence, would be best.
htmr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I don’t think it’d make much difference when it comes down to uni, I think it just depends on what you think you’d like more. I take both of them and personally I prefer sociology a lot more
yaseen1000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by jstogen)
Hi, I just finished my GCSEs and I'm in the process of choosing my A level options. I want to do Law at University, and I'm undecided between Philosophy and Sociology. Which is a better option for me?

My other two subjects are: English Literature and Maths.
I finished A level Sociology this year and I found it useful and relatable to life in general. It was a fascinating subject and would recommend you consider taking Sociology .
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If you're leaning more towards the English literature side of things, sociology is the one for you! However, if you're more interested in logic and are gravitating towards subjects like mathematics, I'd choose philosophy!

You know, I would have really loved to have had the chance to pick philosophy as one of my options. I think it is more rigorous than sociology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed