Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
During 2014-2017, I earned these grades:

Pearson BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate - Pass
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Certificate - Double grade Pass at level 2

Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary in Creative Media Production - Pass
UAL Level 3 in Creative Media Production - Pass

I used the UCAS calculator. "extended" and "first" certificates didn't appear on the calculator but I don't think much difference would be made. My final score is 68.

Someone has suggested an access course while another recommends an undergraduate degree. I would prefer the latter but am I even eligible for the lowest requirement university?
Last edited by Jackknifedjug; 3 days ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Jackknifedjug)
During 2014-2017, I earned these grades:

Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary in Creative Media Production - Pass
UAL Level 3 in Creative Media Production - Pass

Pearson BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate - Pass
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Certificate - Double grade Pass at level 2

I used the UCAS calculator. "extended" and "first" certificates didn't appear on the calculator but I don't think much difference would be made. My final score is 68.

Someone has suggested an access course while another recommends an undergraduate degree. I would prefer the latter but am I even eligible for the lowest requirement university?
Level 1 and 2 don't attract UCAS points , it's just for level 3. Which course did you want to apply for?
Jackknifedjug
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Those were just convenience courses back in 2014-2015. They are both worth 8 points each for a pass but yeah not much at all, is it?

I would like to apply for a creative writing, film study, philosophy or literature undergraduate. Those are not the most relevant to my qualifications but yeah.
(Original post by claireestelle)
Level 1 and 2 don't attract UCAS points , it's just for level 3. Which course did you want to apply for?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Those were just convenience courses back in 2014-2015. They are both worth 8 points each for a pass but yeah not much at all, is it?

I would like to apply for a creative writing, film study, philosophy or literature undergraduate. Those are not the most relevant to my qualifications but yeah.
I think you need to do an access course
Jackknifedjug
Rep:
?
Definitely? Why?
I think you need to do an access course
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Definitely? Why?
You won't have enough points for any courses really without it
Jackknifedjug
Rep:
?
I have a double pass on one of the Subsidiaries so I actually have 78 UCAS points. I know it still isn't much but, coupled with a portfolio comprised of my published written work, maybe an undergraduate writing course is in reach?
You won't have enough points for any courses really without it
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I have a double pass on one of the Subsidiaries so I actually have 78 UCAS points. I know it still isn't much but, coupled with a portfolio comprised of my published written work, maybe an undergraduate writing course is in reach?
how would you feel about doing a foundation year as you may meet the entry requirements at a few unis, like aberyswyth and bedfordshire ? did you get your english gcse?
Jackknifedjug
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
A foundation year sounds good although those two particular universities are too far from me (I live in West London.) I failed English initially but got a C grade (max grade possible) through LIVES GCSE English Language classes in college. I also passed functional maths level 1 and 2 if that's worth anything.
how would you feel about doing a foundation year as you may meet the entry requirements at a few unis, like aberyswyth and bedfordshire ? did you get your english gcse?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
A foundation year sounds good although those two particular universities are too far from me (I live in West London.) I failed English initially but got a C grade (max grade possible) through LIVES GCSE English Language classes in college. I also passed functional maths level 1 and 2 if that's worth anything.
So you aren't willing to move?
katiey23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
if you aren't willing to relocate, just do an access course. you'll earn enough UCAS appoints from the access course alone
Jackknifedjug
Rep:
?
Even if I only earned a pass? I don't plan on making the same mistake this time but I'm curious.
(Original post by katiey23)
if you aren't willing to relocate, just do an access course. you'll earn enough UCAS appoints from the access course alone
Jackknifedjug
Rep:
?
Perhaps. Thanks for the selection and general advice.
So you aren't willing to move?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (124)
19.68%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.37%
No I am happy with my course choice (355)
56.35%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.6%

Watched Threads