My brother says my truck would get him bullied? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I take my brother to school daily. His school is a 40 minute drive from home, and busses are a nightmare. The car I'm using is my mother's car, and I was using it while she recovered from knee surgery, but now she needs the car back and I need to sort out my own transportation.
I just got my drivers license, I'm living at home and between student finance, a small inheritance from my late grandfather, and my 2 part time jobs I've saved up about 4 grand.
I've picked out this truck. It's a ford pickup truck with a flatbed and as it's a "Light Goods Vehicle" it can be driven with a standard car license (I already checked). I'm still deciding between the "cherry red" and "sky blue" colours. It's secondhand, with low mileage and costs £1995 and it's had a recent MOT but I'll need to pay for everything that comes with getting a new car.
I would still be taking my brother to and from school. He's 12 and he says that he can't show up places in a pickup truck. The truck also has 4 seats, and we're a family of 4, so I wouldn't be able to take any guests, but my plan is to only use it to take my brother to school and get to uni. Mum says I should look into getting something more "family friendly" but I really like this truck.
Is he exaggerating or should I look into other options?
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I take my brother to school daily. His school is a 40 minute drive from home, and busses are a nightmare. The car I'm using is my mother's car, and I was using it while she recovered from knee surgery, but now she needs the car back and I need to sort out my own transportation.
I just got my drivers license, I'm living at home and between student finance, a small inheritance from my late grandfather, and my 2 part time jobs I've saved up about 4 grand.
I've picked out this truck. It's a ford pickup truck with a flatbed and as it's a "Light Goods Vehicle" it can be driven with a standard car license (I already checked). I'm still deciding between the "cherry red" and "sky blue" colours. It's secondhand, with low mileage and costs £1995 and it's had a recent MOT but I'll need to pay for everything that comes with getting a new car.
I would still be taking my brother to and from school. He's 12 and he says that he can't show up places in a pickup truck. The truck also has 4 seats, and we're a family of 4, so I wouldn't be able to take any guests, but my plan is to only use it to take my brother to school and get to uni. Mum says I should look into getting something more "family friendly" but I really like this truck.
Is he exaggerating or should I look into other options?
Why are you buying a truck in the first place? :rofl:
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
tell your brother to stop being such a spoilt brat and that he can walk himself wherever he needs to go if he has that much of a problem with it. that'll shut him right up. you're paying for it. get whatever the HECK you want.
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
tell your brother to stop being such a spoilt brat and that he can walk himself wherever he needs to go if he has that much of a problem with it. that'll shut him right up. you're paying for it. get whatever the HECK you want.
Jesus Christ, who spat in your cornflakes?
XOR_
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
send a pic OP xD
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Xarao)
Why are you buying a truck in the first place? :rofl:
Two reasons:
1. I really love camping and I do a lot of DIY which means a flatbed would be really convenient for both things
2. I'm a lesbian and want people to know it
The Mogg
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
In all honesty, I wouldn't prefer rocking up to school in a truck. But that's just me.
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Two reasons:
1. I really love camping and I do a lot of DIY which means a flatbed would be really convenient for both things
I mean I don't know how being a lesbian correlates to having a truck, but yes... sure. Anyways, you can drop your brother off like 2 minutes away from school instead of directly their if you're set on a truck which is never mind....yes.
(Original post by XOR_)
Jesus Christ, who spat in your cornflakes?
:rofl:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by XOR_)
send a pic OP xD
Can't find the pic rn but it's from the Ford F150 series. A pickup truck in either blue or red. One is 2009 and one is 2010.
A.J_MURAPPR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This is what TSR has come to lmao. Explain?
XOR_
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Can't find the pic rn but it's from the Ford F150 series. A pickup truck in either blue or red. One is 2009 and one is 2010.
so
?

Yea I don't really see the issue - tell your brother to stop being such a spoilt brat and that he can walk himself wherever he needs to go if he has that much of a problem with it. that'll shut him right up. you're paying for it. get whatever the HECK you want.
Anonymous #1
You might've gone a bit hard on the sell there tbh but I agree with the sentiment asdfghjkl. I'll get whatever the HECK I want (not making fun of you I just love that you capitalised the word heck and nothing else)
(Original post by The Mogg)
In all honesty, I wouldn't prefer rocking up to school in a truck. But that's just me.
K but I'm working class and your account is Mogg inspired so... y'know.
(Original post by Xarao)
I mean I don't know how being a lesbian correlates to having a truck, but yes... sure. Anyways, you can drop your brother off like 2 minutes away from school instead of directly their if you're set on a truck which is never mind....yes.

:rofl:
Yeah if I get anything but a subaru or a pickup they take away my lesbian card asdfghjkl. Yeah I could probably get away with dropping him at the top of the road or at the nearby tesco or something? But the whole thing has thrown me off a little ngl. It's basically just been
Me: I want to get a pickup truck
Literally everyone around me: Why tho
Anonymous #1
(Original post by A.J_MURAPPR)
This is what TSR has come to lmao. Explain?
If I get anything but a subaru or pickup truck they take away my lesbian card
Anonymous #1
(Original post by XOR_)
so
?

Yea I don't really see the issue - tell your brother to stop being such a spoilt brat and that he can walk himself wherever he needs to go if he has that much of a problem with it. that'll shut him right up. you're paying for it. get whatever the HECK you want.
Yeah but the silver in that picture is either dark blue or bright red and the black is silver instead. HECK YEAH.
The Mogg
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
So because my account is "Mogg inspired" surely I must be a multi-millionaire right? No, I'm working class just like most here on TSR, so that's some awful logic you've used. Being working class doesn't automatically mean you need to buy a truck, you could just get a cheap normal car.
K but I'm working class and your account is Mogg inspired so... y'know.
XOR_
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If I get anything but a subaru or pickup truck they take away my lesbian card
True lesbians don't need cards - just carpet.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The Mogg)
So because my account is "Mogg inspired" surely I must be a multi-millionaire right? No, I'm working class just like most here on TSR, so that's some awful logic you've used. Being working class doesn't automatically mean you need to buy a truck, you could just get a cheap normal car.
Sorry mate, my bad. But yeah I really want the truck.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
get the HECKING truck

it looks rad

your bro will be jealous
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You could always drop him off a street or two away so he can walk the last bit if he's embarrassed?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anonymous)
get the hecking truck

it looks rad

your bro will be jealous
heck yeah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.14%
No I am happy with my course choice (404)
56.9%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.23%

Watched Threads