Seeking volunteering Watch

Lizzm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi
i have been volunteering for the past 2 years before becoming a student. Uni has helped me to make extra connections and i have had loads of opportunities to volunteer on different projects, i find the rewards are worth more than money making someone feel like someone cares is a great feeling. i volunteer with victim support, a hospital mental health project, a homeless centre and a drugs and alcohol service. i love all of them.

The best thing to do is put yourself out there and contact as many charities or organisations as possible you will find something that will help you in the future career process.
Breeee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Lizzm)
Hi
i have been volunteering for the past 2 years before becoming a student. Uni has helped me to make extra connections and i have had loads of opportunities to volunteer on different projects, i find the rewards are worth more than money making someone feel like someone cares is a great feeling. i volunteer with victim support, a hospital mental health project, a homeless centre and a drugs and alcohol service. i love all of them.

The best thing to do is put yourself out there and contact as many charities or organisations as possible you will find something that will help you in the future career process.
Thats amazing.
I love doing things like that too. How did you get into the hospital mental health project? What is it that you do?
Lizzm
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi
It is a new project they are running in 3 welsh hospitals at the moment called ican. But there is always volunteering opportunities within hospitals like ward robins who keep patients comfy making tea and coffee. every door that opens gives an opportunity.
(Original post by Breeee)
Thats amazing.
I love doing things like that too. How did you get into the hospital mental health project? What is it that you do?
jadedlad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
where do you find volunteer work, cus most websites ask for membership fee's to be able to apply for volunteer work..
Lizzm
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
what kind of voluntary work are you interested in?
(Original post by jadedlad)
where do you find volunteer work, cus most websites ask for membership fee's to be able to apply for volunteer work..
jadedlad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I'd be happy to do anything really, as long as its not too costly.. so anything from like wildlife conservation or social work.
Lizzm
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
look on gov.com at volunteering with local council or NCVO website. i have found on with the wildlife trust just now to. you may have to fill out an application form, some organisations who work with vulnerable people may require you to have a dbs check. but as soon at that is done you will be there. Does your Uni not have a volunteering person you can speak with. maybe in your careers team.
hope this has helped you.
(Original post by jadedlad)
I'd be happy to do anything really, as long as its not too costly.. so anything from like wildlife conservation or social work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads