Multiple courses in University of Edinburgh on UCAS application Watch

Fysicum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is there any disadvantage to applying to more than one course in University of Edinburgh?

For example:

Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
Computer Science and Mathematics
Informatics (Masters)
Electronic Eng and Computer Science

Would I increase or decrease my chances of being offered a place by applying to all five?

All the above are closely related and my personal statement would be relevant for all.

Edinburgh is the only university in the UK that I am considering. If I don't get a place in Edinburgh, I will go to university elsewhere.
Last edited by Fysicum; 1 week ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fysicum)
Is there any disadvantage to applying to more than one course in University of Edinburgh?

For example:

Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
Computer Science and Mathematics
Informatics (Masters)
Electronic Eng and Computer Science

Would I increase or decrease my chances of being offered a place by applying to all five?

All the above are closely related and my personal statement would be relevant for all.

Edinburgh is the only university in the UK that I am considering. If I don't get a place in Edinburgh, I will go to university elsewhere.
Shouldnt be but talk to admissions. If your range of course is too wide it makes you look indecisive. The real reason I would ask is because if you dont mind A or B then sometimes you can let them know and they will consider you for the alternative without using up 2 spots.
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/underg...plication/ucas

As it says here most colleges will only give you 1 offer even if you meet the requirements for all 5 courses but I don’t see it putting you at a disadvantage it shows true commitment to the university. As said above talking to admissions would be the best option they could advise you on the best way to approach your application.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fysicum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you very much, 999tigger and HobbinsE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (117)
58.79%
No (82)
41.21%

Watched Threads