Very close to the Geology entry requirements Watch

Tolly
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've posted about this in the applications forum, but I thought I'd ask here as well. The entry requirements are three As and if you're not taking A-Level maths (like me), a 7 in GCSE maths. I am currently predicted 3 As, but I achieved a 5 in GCSE maths. I have improved hugely since then, and from my research it seems like I will likely be able to keep up with the kind of maths required of the students. I'm just a bit worried about being passed over since I don't meet the GCSE requirements. The rest of my GCSEs are all sevens and eights, so I think that should be fine, but I don't see how that will help, if I'm being honest. When I went to the open day, I did ask a BSc Geology student about this, and she wasn't really sure (but she didn't seem too negative) and I emailed their Earth Sciences department three weeks ago and haven't had a reply yet. I am looking into other universities, but I would absolutely love to go to Imperial and I am going to put it as my first choice, if it seems like I may get in. Any help or opinions would be amazing. Thank you
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Regardless of what you say about your maths improving, the admissions team at Imperial will not know that. I think you should retake GCSE maths.
Also, try calling them instead of emailing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Are cats selfish

Yes (112)
58.33%
No (80)
41.67%

Watched Threads

Latest