What to do after graduating from a software development discipline to get a job Watch

MrDodds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
After having recently just completing a degree in computer sicene, only having achieved a 2:2 i am aware of how difficult it can be to get an entry level job with this result. Although I still have been applying to positions that I think I would be well suited for however a lot of the time there are requirements for technolgoies I havent worked with while on placement or learned from uni so was wondering what are all the technolgoies i should work with in my spare time to widen my experiance and employability? Which would be the best ones to learn in order to be used with as many posibilities?

Many thanks.
Last edited by MrDodds; 1 week ago
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why did you not do a placement year?
MrDodds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Xarao)
Why did you not do a placement year?
I did, I just ment there are things that i didn't learn from it or univeristy that other jobs are asking for.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MrDodds)
I did, I just ment there are things that i didn't learn from it or univeristy that other jobs are asking for.
I mean, this whole question depends on the kind of companies that you're interested in. E.g. If it's gaming, you'd look at OOP alongside with the popular used frameworks or if you want to work for a mainstream company and do back-end, then you'll need to look at another set of languages and frameworks to learn, or if it's front-end you'll need to do exactly the same and so forth.

The real question is, what do you want to do?
thurthl-1998
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you want to get into? SoftDev, SoftEng, WebDev, FrontEnd, BackEnd, IOS, Machine?
Anyways, JS and C# are the most commonly used languages for most tech companies if you want to land a decent job as a Dev
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.77%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.05%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)