Need a job, went to few interviews as well but still can’t get it Watch

Suman kaur
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Please help me to get a job. I don’t know why I am not getting in p, my parents are forcing me to get a job and earn. I am going through financial problems.

Is it because my cv is not good or I cannot answer interview questions or my availability I don’t know
😫😫

I have done work experience in a pharmacy, currently studying BTEC applied science and a level in economics. I have also done work experience in British heart foundation.

I want to do work experience in GSK pharmaceutical company, how to do that I did email them but I couldn’t work out any thing

Please help me I am struggling a lot please
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If you are getting to interviews, then they must think your CV is good enough. So it's likely your interview experience.

Try answering these questions:

"Tell me about yourself."

“Why do you want to work at our company?”

"Why should we hire you?"

"What was the main thing you learned on your pharmacy work experience?"

“What questions do you have for me?”
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Why don't you get a job in retail part-time, until you can find something that's more suited towards your career?
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What jobs are you going for?
I assume you are 16-18?
What are your plans after A-level?
Did you ask for feedback after your interviews? (You should if you haven't to find out where you're getting wrong)

In terms of GSK you need to make an application in September 2019 as a A-level student. Even if you got it you would likely need to move for a week to Ware, Stevenage or Bernard Castle. They will also not pay for anything at this level so you will lose money from doing work experience with GSK.
https://uk.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/school-work-experience

Just as an insight, if you plan to go to university I got an interview at GSK with only retail experience (no relevant experience) for an internship which is paid.

On the bright side at least you're getting interviews, but if you want to get your CV checked please see below.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=339

(Original post by Suman kaur)
Please help me to get a job. I don’t know why I am not getting in p, my parents are forcing me to get a job and earn. I am going through financial problems.

Is it because my cv is not good or I cannot answer interview questions or my availability I don’t know
😫😫

I have done work experience in a pharmacy, currently studying BTEC applied science and a level in economics. I have also done work experience in British heart foundation.

I want to do work experience in GSK pharmaceutical company, how to do that I did email them but I couldn’t work out any thing

Please help me I am struggling a lot please
username1562597
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
In tech we have a website called Pramp where people will give you mock interviews and honest feedback. I recommend you find someone you don't know to give you a mock interview (ideally someone in a pharmaceutical company)
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Wow that is pretty cool, people actually do this out of the kindness of their hearts without compensation on that website! :eek: OP can also turn to their college careers advisors too. Hopefully they're willing to provide mock interviews too.
(Original post by ltsmith)
In tech we have a website called Pramp where people will give you mock interviews and honest feedback. I recommend you find someone you don't know to give you a mock interview (ideally someone in a pharmaceutical company)
Suman kaur
Rep:
?
I applied for retail got interviews as well but didn’t receive anything back from them.
Suman kaur
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicvic38)
If you are getting to interviews, then they must think your CV is good enough. So it's likely your interview experience.

Try answering these questions:

"Tell me about yourself."

“Why do you want to work at our company?”

"Why should we hire you?"

"What was the main thing you learned on your pharmacy work experience?"

“What questions do you have for me?”
These questions are actually so helpful
Thank you so much for your help
Suman kaur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
What jobs are you going for?
I assume you are 16-18?
What are your plans after A-level?
Did you ask for feedback after your interviews? (You should if you haven't to find out where you're getting wrong)

In terms of GSK you need to make an application in September 2019 as a A-level student. Even if you got it you would likely need to move for a week to Ware, Stevenage or Bernard Castle. They will also not pay for anything at this level so you will lose money from doing work experience with GSK.
https://uk.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/school-work-experience

Just as an insight, if you plan to go to university I got an interview at GSK with only retail experience (no relevant experience) for an internship which is paid.

On the bright side at least you're getting interviews, but if you want to get your CV checked please see below.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=339
After my A levels I am planning to do pharmacology and now I want to work may be in a pharmacy or retail. No I didn’t ask for feedback.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads