Oaths of Allegiance / Solemn Affirmations (Parliament 29) Watch

Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Under the Guidance Document, MPs are requested to begin the term by making the oath of allegiance or the solemn affirmation.

The text of the oath is:
I (name of Member) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.

The text of the affirmation is:
I (name of Member) do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.

There is also the option to take the oath in the Scottish manner, or to swear in Welsh, Cornish, or Scottish Gaelic alongside English. Information regarding this can be found here.

All MP usergroup requests have been accepted where submitted, and I will not be considering a failure to swear the oath as disqualifying any member from undertaking the duties of an MP.

According to tradition, the Father of the House, Life_peer MP, is the first to take the oath or affirmation.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I Life_peer swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law, within the model realm of TSR, if they don't go mental and engage in warmongering. So help me God.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I CoffeeAndPolitics do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
The Mogg
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yr wyf yn addo, trwy gymorth y Goruchaf, y byddaf yn ffyddlon ac yn wir deyrngar i’w Mawrhydi, y Frenhines Elizabeth, ei hetifeddion a’i holynwyr, yn ôl y Ddeddf, yn wyneb Duw.

I The Mogg do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
Last edited by The Mogg; 5 days ago
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I Andrew97 do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law
TheRadishPrince
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I TheRadishPrince do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
BosslyGaming
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I BosslyGaming do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
EagleKingdom
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I EagleKingdom swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
baileymruth
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I baileymruth do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
ArunC11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I ArunC11 do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I, Baron of Sealand, swear by Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I 04MR17 do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty TSR_Jessica, her heirs and successors, according to the Community Guidelines.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I, CatusStarbright, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I, ns_2, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I, toronto353, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I, barnetlad, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I LiberOfLondon swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
MiriamButcher
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I MiriamButcher do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
FantasticMsFox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I FantasticMsFox swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
abucha3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I abucha3 swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.14%
No I am happy with my course choice (404)
56.9%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.23%

Watched Threads