Going into year 13 after summer wanting to change A Level subject Watch

franellisxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm just finishing year 12 and am hoping to change subject because my predicted grade for it isn't brilliant and I want to do something different because I work so hard with it and it doesn't go anywhere. I want to do something that I know I can actually do without getting a completely awful grade 🤣😂 would it be too late to change? I have 2 or so weeks and then the summer off before September starts and I'm willing to stay on an extra year to finish it xx
Fsofoxy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What subjects do you do and what do you want to change? If it’s only one subject I know you can do sociology in a year as well as subjects such as politics theology media and film studies at my college those are the subjects offered which you can do in a year so you sit in 1st year and 2nd year lessons to get all the content
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jamie_1712
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My friend took up chemistry over summer (y12 to y13) as a 4th a level. He self learnt all the 1st year content over the summer. The teachers agreed that if he got a C or higher in a chem AS paper mock first day of Y13, they’d put him into Y13 lessons. He ended up getting a B. So I’d advise going to your head of year and head of departments to see if you can do something similar. Obviously instead of taking up a whole new subject you’d be substituting one for another.
franellisxo
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for this😁😁
franellisxo
Rep:
?
I want to swap biology for geography x
(Original post by Fsofoxy)
What subjects do you do and what do you want to change? If it’s only one subject I know you can do sociology in a year as well as subjects such as politics theology media and film studies at my college those are the subjects offered which you can do in a year so you sit in 1st year and 2nd year lessons to get all the content
Jamie_1712
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by franellisxo)
Thank you so much for this😁😁
Btw if you are going to learn all AS content over the summer it’s going to require an awful lot of time and effort. You’re probably not going to have much of a social life at all.
franellisxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I wouldn't need to learn it all over summer bc I would be starting with the year 12s next year and staying on an extra year but idk how well my teachers will take it xx
(Original post by Jamie_1712)
Btw if you are going to learn all AS content over the summer it’s going to require an awful lot of time and effort. You’re probably not going to have much of a social life at all.
Deggs_14
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The thing with geography a level is that you need to do a NEA (non examined assessment), which is something nice you should consider. A large piece of coursework worth 20% of the a level no matter what specification.
franellisxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
That sounds good. Yeah I'm just not doing great in bio rn and just want to change to geography bc I was originally gonna do it at a level xx
(Original post by Deggs_14)
The thing with geography a level is that you need to do a NEA (non examined assessment), which is something nice you should consider. A large piece of coursework worth 20% of the a level no matter what specification.
Deggs_14
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by franellisxo)
That sounds good. Yeah I'm just not doing great in bio rn and just want to change to geography bc I was originally gonna do it at a level xx
Ah that's great that you have some prior knowledge about it as you were considering it already. Loads of teachers at my school said i should do biology a level, but I didn't as I knew it's just soooooooooo hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed