The Student Room Group

what are the cons of retaking yr 12 other than it taking another year

basically, I didn't get the grades that I wanted for my predicted and I got an option to retake the year and i just wanted to know what other disadvantages are there
Original post by fishfish26
basically, I didn't get the grades that I wanted for my predicted and I got an option to retake the year and i just wanted to know what other disadvantages are there

What grades did you get?
What do you need?
Why do you think you failed?
What course or uni were you aiming for?
Reply 2
^ What grade did you get?
Mainly social disadvantages e.g. having to watch all of the friends that you have in your year graduate before you and having to make new friends in another year. That’s the reason why hardly anyone in my school is willing to retake the year anyway
Reply 4
Original post by OctoberRain7
Mainly social disadvantages e.g. having to watch all of the friends that you have in your year graduate before you and having to make new friends in another year. That’s the reason why hardly anyone in my school is willing to retake the year anyway

If that's the reason why, then you're all very immature.

Education > friends
Original post by Xarao
If that's the reason why, then you're all very immature.

Education > friends

That’s true, I personally would choose to stay on but as I put school first I’m less likely to fail. There’s a correlation there, as putting social life before schoolwork seems to cause a lot of these people to fail AS in the first place (not everyone but a good number)
Reply 6
Original post by OctoberRain7
That’s true, I personally would choose to stay on but as I put school first I’m less likely to fail. There’s a correlation there, as putting social life before schoolwork seems to cause a lot of these people to fail AS in the first place (not everyone but a good number)

I'm actually glad you take your priorities seriously, it'll do you well in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest