04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
04MR17 Just a reminder for you to edit the OP to include the Cabinet list.
Announcement will come today, as I explained yesterday.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Satyr)
You should actually become to the next PM
Oi! Give me a chance!
Last edited by 04MR17; 7 months ago
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You can find cabinet announcements in this thread.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A few questions:
1) given the difficulties last term holding seats how long does the government expect to keep its majority for?
2) Given output by the government parties has been basically zero for quite some time, how many months can we expect to wait for the first government items?
3) Should England win the Cricket World Cup today will the government be recommending honours for the team, and if so what honours?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
A few questions:
1) given the difficulties last term holding seats how long does the government expect to keep its majority for?
2) Given output by the government parties has been basically zero for quite some time, how many months can we expect to wait for the first government items?
3) Should England win the Cricket World Cup today will the government be recommending honours for the team, and if so what honours?
In answer to question number 3, yes. The same answer should the England Netball Team win the Netball World Cup. What honours are recommended is in my view a confidential matter as the intended recipients should be advised first, have the opportunity to accept or decline, and in any case, Her Majesty has the option to not accept the government's recommendation.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A few questions:
First item shall be on the floor within a week.

Holding seats will be a challenge, I'll be the first to admit that. But we're in a much stronger leadership position now than both parties were in during most of last term, and I see that as very hopeful.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A few questions:
Unofficial answer from me but 04 may be different.

Couple months maybe.

Couple days.

Honours yes. I’m not sure how it’s worked for other world cups we have won but I would have thought MBE’s all round at least? Dunno
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
My questions are to the new Chancellor (congrats)..

1) To what degree have you studied economics or is this role just a bit of fun?

2) What is your goal with regards to the fiscal position of the nation. Do you seek surplus?
abucha3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
To ask the Prime Minister, whether he will commit to the return of PMQs, and whether he will allow for frequent department question times?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by abucha3)
To ask the Prime Minister, whether he will commit to the return of PMQs, and whether he will allow for frequent department question times?
Yes to both. This is something I pushed for when they were last used, and I think it's healthy to bring them back, though perhaps not quite as frequently as weekly! Petros got a bit trigger happy with that last time.

Obviously more inexperienced Cabinet members won't be holding MQs at the start of term but hopefully will be doing so by the end.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
JMR2019. how does it feel to be filling the role of DPM? Are you excited to be entering coalition with the Liberal Democrats, and are you disappointed to only be the junior partner in this coalition?
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
To BosslyGaming, my successor: what are your plans for the Ministry of Justice this term?
BosslyGaming
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The Government and my department will be ensuring that animal cruelty cases are punished strongly and not looked over. My department will also be looking to sentence more first time minor offenders to lesser sentences and community service where possible, rather than sending them to prison. An aim for the department is also to ensure the Human Rights Act is protected and not brought into any danger. Generally, as Justice Sec. I want to legislate for punishing people for serious offences, and reducing sentences for much lesser offences - punishing them correctly does not necessarily always have to involve putting them in prison.
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
To BosslyGaming, my successor: what are your plans for the Ministry of Justice this term?
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by BosslyGaming)
The Government and my department will be ensuring that animal cruelty cases are punished strongly and not looked over. My department will also be looking to sentence more first time minor offenders to lesser sentences and community service where possible, rather than sending them to prison. An aim for the department is also to ensure the Human Rights Act is protected and not brought into any danger. Generally, as Justice Sec. I want to legislate for punishing people for serious offences, and reducing sentences for much lesser offences - punishing them correctly does not necessarily always have to involve putting them in prison.
So in short:
-Defend the status quo on the HRA
-Reducing sentences for lesser offences/replacing them with community service (which is what the real-life government is going to be doing soon)
-Focusing on animal cruelty cases

Do you (personally) have any budgetary plans?
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Satyr)
Could you increase funding for everything and increase national debt like everyone wants?
Only by expansion and the use of resources, but then they all cry colonialization! Come on... Africa... should be where the rich go to sunbathe. Instead is a hell hole and why?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
barnetlad Andy 04MR17

What do you think of raising the National lottery age to 18, as per this article. https://news.sky.com/story/governmen...years-11764288
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
barnetlad Andy 04MR17

What do you think of raising the National lottery age to 18, as per this article. https://news.sky.com/story/governmen...years-11764288
The consultation is welcoming and a response will be provided as part of my SOI.
EagleKingdom
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A question to the new Secretary of State for Health, baileymruth, to which may I first congratulate you on your new appointment. Now, aside from raising the budget for the NHS, what do you view as the present biggest issues facing the NHS, excluding the general funding of it, and what do you seek to push through as the new secretary.
Bailey14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I thank EagleKingdom for the question. I believe one of the issues we need to face is increasing support for people with mental health issues. One sub-issue of this I will do my best to tackle and achieve is ensuring that LGBTQ+ inclusive mental health funding is made available.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
The consultation is welcoming and a response will be provided as part of my SOI.
Thank you. What is your personal opinion on it however, should the age be raised?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (477)
66.43%
No (241)
33.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise