CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
04MR17 will there be a Queen's Speech released this term?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
The consultation is welcoming and a response will be provided as part of my SOI.
Welcoming! Do i smell the opressment of economic liberty on the horizon.

We should vastly reduce regulation around bettling and gambling.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
04MR17 will there be a Queen's Speech released this term?
Possibly. It'll certainly be an option but I'd like to be able to discuss it with an accessible sub forum first.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Andrew97. I have nothing to add beyond what barnetlad said.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Possibly. It'll certainly be an option but I'd like to be able to discuss it with an accessible sub forum first.
Absolutely fair enough. They're not a necessary thing but I do rather like them, and we haven't had one for a while.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
They're not a necessary thing but I do rather like them, and we haven't had one for a while.
That pretty much sums up left wing governments on TSR.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A more lighthearted question to government members. If at a party you had to sing one song to the tune of another (Ie the words of one song to the music of a different song) what 2 songs would you pick?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Should the house not be concerned that we have a government that appears to be little more than a list of cabinet positions with no policy agreed upon?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Should the house not be concerned that we have a government that appears to be little more than a list of cabinet positions with no policy agreed upon?
There's plenty of policy agreed upon. The decision whether or not to produce a queens speech is not a question of policy but of practice, and I'd rather have an open discussion with members of both parties - many of whom may not have ever seen an MHoC Queen's speech than trying to do it all through PMs.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There's plenty of policy agreed upon. The decision whether or not to produce a queens speech is not a question of policy but of practice, and I'd rather have an open discussion with members of both parties - many of whom may not have ever seen an MHoC Queen's speech than trying to do it all through PMs.
It shouldn't be unreasonable to produce one without a subforum given it is just a few hundred words laying out government priorities, i.e. the agreed upon policy, the absence of one can very readily be interpreted as either a lack of policy or a lack of willingness to actually do anything
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It shouldn't be unreasonable to produce one without a subforum given it is just a few hundred words laying out government priorities, i.e. the agreed upon policy, the absence of one can very readily be interpreted as either a lack of policy or a lack of willingness to actually do anything
Jammy it's been 4 days. Some people are still having access problems to the sub forum, and if I'm PMing 29 people and getting different responses to all of them, then putting together a Queen's speech will be cumbersome. Pipe down and be patient.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Jammy it's been 4 days. Some people are still having access problems to the sub forum, and if I'm PMing 29 people and getting different responses to all of them, then putting together a Queen's speech will be cumbersome. Pipe down and be patient.
And yet prior governments have achieved it on day 1 because it requires neither 29 people, nor a subforum
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
And yet prior governments have achieved it on day 1 because it requires neither 29 people, nor a subforum
Which one?
Last Queens speech was issued on the 22nd day of the parliament.
The previous speech was issued on the 4th day after the government formed (halfway through the parliament).
The original one was issued on the 14th day of the parliament.

Jammy, you are talking utter rubbish.
Last edited by 04MR17; 7 months ago
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I can tell you that releasing a Queen's Speech in four days was quite a feat, especially when CountBrandenburg wrote a lot which needed editing into plainer English!
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I can tell you that releasing a Queen's Speech in four days was quite a feat, especially when CountBrandenburg wrote a lot which needed editing into plainer English!
Haha I forgot I wrote it up originally ... I can inform you that my writing style hasn’t much changed in the past year though (ps if you need one done gov you are more than welcome to outsource)
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
Haha I forgot I wrote it up originally ... I can inform you that my writing style hasn’t much changed in the past year though (ps if you need one done gov you are more than welcome to outsource)
Yeah you wrote a quick draft of a lot of sections.
Please don't outsource here. My rating would be 5/10: Count will get the skeleton down but much editing is needed.
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yeah you wrote a quick draft of a lot of sections.
Please don't outsource here. My rating would be 5/10: Count will get the skeleton down but much editing is needed.
I like to think it’s improved a bit in terms of edits needed from the work I’ve been doing elsewhere... but maybe you’re right
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
A more lighthearted question to government members. If at a party you had to sing one song to the tune of another (Ie the words of one song to the music of a different song) what 2 songs would you pick?
I have two musicians in my family. So it’s the music of one with the lyrics of the other. Not sure which ones though.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Her Majesty is about to be on her annual visit to Balmoral.
BosslyGaming
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Apologies for the delayed response. On the budgetary end, obviously I want to provide as much funding as possible to our judiciary processes, our sentencing processes and generally ensuring we can provide the fairest justice system possible. However, I think it would be a little unfair and inaccurate to commit to £X here and £Y there without prior internal discussion with the Chancellor and the rest of the Government. We've got a new Coalition Government, so we need to ensure every penny spent is agreeable for all parts of the Govermment and, ultimately, favourable for the country. So to sum up, unfortunately I can't provide any exact figures of what I and the Government plan to provide funding-wise, however I absolutely commit to pushing the Chancellor and the Government for every possible penny to ensure that, in my opinion, one of the most important parts of our everyday lives can function in the best way possible - giving us a safe and fair country.
So in short:
-Defend the status quo on the HRA
-Reducing sentences for lesser offences/replacing them with community service (which is what the real-life government is going to be doing soon)
-Focusing on animal cruelty cases

Do you (personally) have any budgetary plans?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads