Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Why does it matter what economic qualifications a person has to play Chancellor? Anyone can play any role as long as they are interested in it. I don't see why members need specific qualifications to play a certain cabinet minister.

Being qualified in economics doesn't mean that the budget will be good as we seen with Rakas (who has a degree in economics).
It does'nt, i was just trying to assess the competition.
EagleKingdom
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Connor27)
I will repeat the question posed by others: what are the economic qualifications of the chancellor of the exchequer? Samuel J. Booker 04MR17
Hmm. Don't expect much to be said from the new Chancellor
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Mr Prime Minister, with the revelation that Iran has violently seized a British merchant ship with as many as 23 of our own citizens on board, will you inform the House how many vessels you have despatched to the Strait Of Hormuz and how many days notice you have given Iran lest force be used to retain our property and people.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Mr Prime Minister, with the revelation that Iran has violently seized a British merchant ship with as many as 23 of our own citizens on board, will you inform the House how many vessels you have despatched to the Strait Of Hormuz and how many days notice you have given Iran lest force be used to retain our property and people.
You will get a response within 24 hours. :yy:
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
As Foreign Secretary, I’ll be dealing with this alongside the Prime Minister. I’m at work at the moment so I will go into more detail later but here’s a short statement.

British Ship seized by Iran
Her Majesty’s Government fully and strongly condemns the unprovoked and unnecessary attack and seizure of a British ship by Iran. We are communicating extensively with Iranian authorities and our priority is getting British citizens home safe in a peaceful manner. We are hopeful of a peaceful outcome at this time but we will continue to inform the house as events unfold. If the situation is not resolved quickly and peacefully there will be serious and severe consequences for Iran.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by yaseen1000)
Climate change is a real concern that needs to be addressed immediately . Your arguments are based on the short run economic impacts yet you fail to recognize the long term social impacts . If we are unable to address climate change seriously thousands of species could be wiped off the planet. These species all play a role in maintaining our ecosystem. Without these species are food yields would mostly likely fall and thus would push millions if not hundreds of millions more into starvation . The question is would rather prioritize a few million jobs or the lives of hundreds of millions of humans ?
Pray tell how you calculate hundreds of millions dead if we do not reduce our negligible contribution with an impact of 0.01C? You live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that us wasting over a trillion pounds over the next few decades will magically reduce the emissions of China and all their new coal power plants, of India and their booming demand, SE Asia and their boom in demand, Africa and all their new coal plants to fuel booming demand.

Once again, over the last 3 decades the UK's contribution to global emissions has fallen from 2.5% to 1% almost entirely through increased demand in the rest of the world
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It does'nt, i was just trying to assess the competition.
I think we all know the level of competition, they will either be another vobot that does nothing, or they will be just as inept as yourself
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
As Foreign Secretary, I’ll be dealing with this alongside the Prime Minister. I’m at work at the moment so I will go into more detail later but here’s a short statement.

Her Majesty’s Government fully and strongly condemns the unprovoked and unnecessary attack and seizure of a British ship by Iran. We are communicating extensively with Iranian authorities and our priority is getting British citizens home safe in a peaceful manner. We are hopeful of a peaceful outcome at this time but we will continue to inform the house as events unfold. If the situation is not resolved quickly and peacefully there will be serious and severe consequences for Iran.
Big talk, but just like your predecessor you threaten action without credibility. What are these severe consequences?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Pray tell how you calculate hundreds of millions dead if we do not reduce our negligible contribution with an impact of 0.01C? You live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that us wasting over a trillion pounds over the next few decades will magically reduce the emissions of China and all their new coal power plants, of India and their booming demand, SE Asia and their boom in demand, Africa and all their new coal plants to fuel booming demand.

Once again, over the last 3 decades the UK's contribution to global emissions has fallen from 2.5% to 1% almost entirely through increased demand in the rest of the world
There are between 28,000 and 36,000 premature deaths a year in the UK from air pollution (source- Public Health England), and the same actions to reduce our carbon footprint and use renewables will reduce that number.
TheRadishPrince
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by keptinside)
Y u eat so much chicken
To support the incredible British farming industry of course and those who work within it to produce food for our nation.
keptinside
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by TheRadishPrince)
To support the incredible British farming industry of course and those who work within it to produce food for our nation.
Exaktly
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I think we all know the level of competition, they will either be another vobot that does nothing, or they will be just as inept as yourself
That's comforting but i imagine most prople are just glad that he wont be as arrogant as yourself.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Will the Minister for Equalities shadowdweller condemn the creation of chairs like these: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spreading.html

for being transphobic - assuming there are only 2 genders
for supporting gender segregation
for being anti-feminist and telling women how they can sit
for bringing crimes to women by allowing creeps to look under women in short skirts easily
for being heteronormative by pairing a "man" and a "woman" together
for potentially being racist by not allowing women in other cultures to sit in their culturally comforting positions
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Big talk, but just like your predecessor you threaten action without credibility. What are these severe consequences?
I'm sorry but I have actually stated specific sanctions and actions in the past. Perhaps you would rather we go around nuking everyone, but that was never under the Foreign Office but the Defence one.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
Will the Minister for Equalities shadowdweller condemn the creation of chairs like these: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spreading.html

for being transphobic - assuming there are only 2 genders
for supporting gender segregation
for being anti-feminist and telling women how they can sit
for bringing crimes to women by allowing creeps to look under women in short skirts easily
for being heteronormative by pairing a "man" and a "woman" together
for potentially being racist by not allowing women in other cultures to sit in their culturally comforting positions
I would not condemn the creation of a chair that prevents people encroaching on others space in principle - it is an issue on public transport. However, I would not support the way that this proposed. I don't believe that the issue is exclusively a male one, and the issue should be addressed as such. If something like this were to come into place, I'd want to see allowances made for those who need to sit in a certain manner, be that due to health, religion, or any other factors.

I don't find the article to heteronormative, however - there is nothing to imply heterosexuality or heterosexual couples in the photos. Likewise, I don't believe it to be transphobic, personally - the person designed a chair for males and females, but I've not seen anything in the article to suggest that there aren't identities beyond this.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
I would not condemn the creation of a chair that prevents people encroaching on others space in principle - it is an issue on public transport. However, I would not support the way that this proposed. I don't believe that the issue is exclusively a male one, and the issue should be addressed as such. If something like this were to come into place, I'd want to see allowances made for those who need to sit in a certain manner, be that due to health, religion, or any other factors.

I don't find the article to heteronormative, however - there is nothing to imply heterosexuality or heterosexual couples in the photos. Likewise, I don't believe it to be transphobic, personally - the person designed a chair for males and females, but I've not seen anything in the article to suggest that there aren't identities beyond this.
So where could non-binary, bigender, 2 spirited, genderfluid, genderless, intersex people among many others sit? She only proposed a male and a female one.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
So where could non-binary, bigender, 2 spirited, genderfluid, genderless, intersex people among many others sit? She only proposed a male and a female one.
I don't believe that she proposed their use anywhere - if she had, and they had been restricted entirely to binary genders, then it would be another matter, but that does not seem to be the case here.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)

I travel on the tube regularly, and the issue of 'manspreading' and other forms of space hogging is an issue. The suggestion was made that the London Underground have a campaign to discourage this, but their spokesman said they were not in favour.

Design of seats can make a difference, but like the Secretary of State, I do not agree with the way it is proposed.
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)

I thank the Foreign Secretary for his statement, and duly await further explanation.

However, I must raise the issue that the regime has been defiant of any such warnings, especially as seen during the Zaghari-Ratcliffe case; I would question whether a peaceful resolution is ever 'eminently feasible', and would urge the Government to take more forceful action against what has become a delinquent regime.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ns_2)
I thank the Foreign Secretary for his statement, and duly await further explanation.

However, I must raise the issue that the regime has been defiant of any such warnings, especially as seen during the Zaghari-Ratcliffe case; I would question whether a peaceful resolution is ever 'eminently feasible', and would urge the Government to take more forceful action against what has become a delinquent regime.
The Zaghari-Ratcliffe case was made worse by the stupidity of Mr Johnson. He is about to become the RL PM. Is the Iranian action coincidental?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads