The Student Room Group

GCSE Music Composition (Eduqas)

I wanted to create some sort of 'lo-fi hip hop' track for my composition but I've heard that the genre itself is crticised for being lazy, simple and low quality (which is the whole point) but I don't really know what to do. My teacher isn't that great and I barely get any time in my school's studio to even compose. I use cubase at school but still don't really know how to use it. At home I have a software called 'StageLight' but it's not the same and I'm really struggling to do this composition section which is 30% of my GCSE. Has anyone got any advice for me? I'd really appreciate it.
I don't think the marker will have an unfair bias to any genre. As long as your piece is not 'lazy', doing s lo-fi hip-hop track would be fine. Just don't copy directly from tracks you know, infact find inspiration and put your own spin on it.

If you are really struggling with the software, you can also play ur tune on an instrument and record it (im pretty sure u can). This if course may not go well with the genre you eant to do.

Quick Reply

Latest