The Student Room Group

Change of address

Hi,

I passed my driving test last week. At the time I was living at address shown on provisional licence. Few days later decided move will happen and next week I will move elsewhere.

I called DVLA to update them. Examiner took licence , I’m staying at the address shown but will be moving out next week.

He took new address and said he will start a query.

When I rang again to confirm if new details were updated I was told yes and was told a letter was sent out and for me to fill and return.

I’m just wondering if this will be straight forward to sort out or will it get complicated?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thank you
Original post by dyy05
Hi,

I passed my driving test last week. At the time I was living at address shown on provisional licence. Few days later decided move will happen and next week I will move elsewhere.

I called DVLA to update them. Examiner took licence , I’m staying at the address shown but will be moving out next week.

He took new address and said he will start a query.

When I rang again to confirm if new details were updated I was told yes and was told a letter was sent out and for me to fill and return.

I’m just wondering if this will be straight forward to sort out or will it get complicated?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thank you

ive changed my address multiple times and found it quite simple to do
Reply 2
Thank you for the reply.

I changed address once before (on provisional) and it was straight forward its just this time I keep reading different things. Some people have kept their licence and had to send it themselves if they hadnt updated their address. My change happened after the pass date - while licence is in process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending