florencegcain12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm starting an undergraduate course at guildhall this September and was hoping to get in contact with anyone else going...
pumilio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not going, but i'd be really interested to know how you got in. did you go to a private music school or did you just practice all the time?
did you audition straight after a-levels? sorry, i'm just really curious, any advice you could give would be really helpful.
florencegcain12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
No no, I know it’s hard to get information about all this stuff. My school wasn’t very musical so I sang in choirs, then I started to win competitions so I started to think of maybe considering a bigger commitment, so I started gettting up at 5am to go to Saturday school in London and junior royal academy of music. This showed me what conservatories are really like and I really wanted to go. So I prepared for a long time for my auditions and researched the places, I am a singer but I have spoken to a lot of the I stumentalist, and they say just perform what you love, nothing too complex. But I went with the attitude that if they thought I wasn’t ready I could try again next year, so I was fortunate enough to gain a place. So just practice with passion, and have consultation lessons, I hope this helps, it’s ask if there is anything you would like to know x
Jasminesmith18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya! I'm starting in September too, studying Classical saxophone as an undergraduate. What are you studying?
Ashley Sola
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I wonder if anybody can tell me the kind of questions my daughter can expect🤔She is auditioning for the Guildhall Junior programme next month. Any advice appreciated 🙂
KitM
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ashley Sola)
I wonder if anybody can tell me the kind of questions my daughter can expect🤔She is auditioning for the Guildhall Junior programme next month. Any advice appreciated 🙂
What instrument does your daughter play?
KitM
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi!

I'm starting at Guildhall in September, studying undergraduate composition. It'd be great to get in touch with more people who will be there.
student507
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Heyy,
I'm going in sept too to do undergrad jazz piano, have you guys applied for student finance yet? The accommodation is sooo expensive
KitM
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi!

I've set up an unofficial Facebook group for anyone starting Guildhall this September: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2321973214771638

It'd be great to find some more people going!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (123)
62.12%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise