The Student Room Group

Will the Prime Minister reply if I email them? 🤔

I just searched it on google and I can, and I was going to tell them to change the education system because we all have anxiety, don’t actually learn anything (and obviously more). Will I change the world? 😰

Scroll to see replies

Lmao no
Reply 2
Call me captain obvious, but I don't think an email from 1 student will radically change the education system.
Original post by The Mogg
Call me captain obvious, but I don't think an email from 1 student will radically change the education system.

I think we ALL need to email them and make a change for the future! 💅👑
#IStandWithRatchetHoe
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
I think we ALL need to email them and make a change for the future! 💅👑
We all actually need to use our voice 😰 It’s scary where this country is going
they won't listen so there's no point
we need to accept our miserable lives
at least we have an education system tbh
I just searched it on google and I can, and I was going to tell them to change the education system because we all have anxiety, don’t actually learn anything (and obviously more). Will I change the world? 😰
Reply 7
Won't do a thing.
I doubt the TSR PM would reply. Work hard,smart and early, then you will have less anxiety.
There have been lots of threads about how to deal with anxiety. Save your energy for something useful.
The Prime Minister leaves in two weeks or less. To be replaced probably by the worst possible Prime Minister ever, who probably only replies to his latest mistress and no-one else.
Original post by barnetlad
The Prime Minister leaves in two weeks or less. To be replaced probably by the worst possible Prime Minister ever, who probably only replies to his latest mistress and no-one else.

I am sure it won't be that bad. Let's not be dramatic.
Accepting negative things is not how we should live in my opinion
Original post by xxlaila03xx
they won't listen so there's no point
we need to accept our miserable lives
at least we have an education system tbh
nothing we can do about it, we should at least appreciate what we have instead of looking at the downside
life is only temporary anyway
Accepting negative things is not how we should live in my opinion
Original post by Notoriety
I am sure it won't be that bad. Let's not be dramatic.

I live in London. I know how bad a London Mayor Mr Johnson was. I have not forgotten his time as Foreign Secretary either. Or his refusal earlier this week to support a diplomat.
Original post by barnetlad
I live in London. I know how bad a London Mayor Mr Johnson was. I have not forgotten his time as Foreign Secretary either. Or his refusal earlier this week to support a diplomat.

How do you rate him next to Ken and Khan? What were his major failings as Mayor?
Original post by Notoriety
How do you rate him next to Ken and Khan? What were his major failings as Mayor?

They were marginally better, though Ken Livingstone's subsequent refusal to apologise for offensive comments about Zionism and Hitler means I am glad he is on longer in politics. Sadiq Khan supported the nomination of Jeremy Corbyn as Labour leader and given the way the party has gone, is partly responsible. Sadiq Kahn's fares policies and lack of leadership over crime is a major failing.

Boris Johnson wasted over £30m on a bridge that was not built and not needed (perhaps just because a blonde celebrity supported it), had buses without open windows and a conductor who did not take fares, said he would not close Tube ticket offices and then closed them all, had a cable car to nowhere, and reduced police numbers. His lack of personal morality and offensive comments such as the 'letterboxes' or calling scousers 'victim status' also make him the worst London Mayor.
Reply 16
In order to effect change such as this, you need to prove that there is a problem - simply saying something won't make it true (I for one don't have anxiety and did learn stuff), but if you took nationwide surveys of students, petitioned your MP to bring it up or got lucky with an online government petition then you'd have a chance.
But other than that, PM's a busy job so no direct emails unfortunately
Th
Original post by Sinnoh
In order to effect change such as this, you need to prove that there is a problem - simply saying something won't make it true (I for one don't have anxiety and did learn stuff), but if you took nationwide surveys of students, petitioned your MP to bring it up or got lucky with an online government petition then you'd have a chance.
But other than that, PM's a busy job so no direct emails unfortunately

Honestly true. I hope a group can be brave enough. Even if I do they better not assassinate me 😭
Probably not
Nope, you would be better off setting up a petition, although even that is likely to change anything as for decades people have taken exams and put up with the stress of them. Resilience is an important quality not just in education but in a career

Moved to Educational Debate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending