The Student Room Group

"Casual" antisemitism is not okay

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxlaila03xx
We are anti- west so yeah I wouldn't mind. It isn't racist at all
But ah, there you are mixing religion and culture again. Arabs and Muslims are 2 different things.
(also sure you don't :wink:)

Love how you're comparing me to Hitler babe. Very nice of you. I also have the right to be annoyed with Jews, you know after the whole Israel thing.

I meant minority as in they are 'treated like the minority', treated as inferior (not the number of them). But they are not treated as inferior are they?

Muslim isn't a nationality idiot. You are the ignorant one here.
I'm not bashing a religion, I'm 'bashing' the Jewish race for what they have done to us Arabs and probably a **** ton of other people.
Saying someone has money is not offensive.
Come at me with an actual insult towards Jews and I will agree that it is incorrect to say such things

Here are just two examples of you saying you dislike Jews. You only changed your mind and decided to add 'only bad Jews' later on. You literally said you're bashing the Jewish race. Every Jew.
Nah I never said I disliked all Jews. I don't judge a whole group of people on the actions of some.
Didn't change anything. I only clarified.
Original post by Samus444
Fair enough about exploring the issue, but im pretty sure near enough everyone is aware that the issue was racist and stereotypical in nature, instead discussing that these sort of remarks are not okay to make; that's just my assumption anyway.

Futhermore i only make these points because you wanted me to elaborate, also i said NOT to compare who suffered most. Anyway to some degree what i stated relates to the dicussion since the OP is talking about not letting discriminatory behaviour get a pass.

Im not disagreeing with you except you have two posters who want to do a bit of jew bashing as it was called. When people are that one eyed and offensive then other issues take the backseat. It is a distraction.
Never said that.
As you have highlighted, I said I have the right to 'bash' Jews for what they have done to us Arabs.
The ones who have done **** to us Arabs are the ones I dislike. Never said I disliked them all. You just proved yourself wrong in that sense.

I'm confused, do you not understand your own words? You said you dislike the Jewish race for what they've done to you. Not only is it a gross generalisation (that all Jews have done something to you Arabs), it's clearly discriminatory.
I said I do not like the Jews that have done **** to us Arabs
Literally every time, I said because of what they have done to us Arabs
The ones who have not done anything, I do not dislike.

I'm not standing up for Islam here, I'm standing up to Arabs so you wouldn't be involved anyway.

Also last time I checked Muslims were meant to stick by each other, not twist each other's words. But you know.

I know what I said.
Original post by anonymous1231231
I'm confused, do you not understand your own words? You said you dislike the Jewish race for what they've done to you. Not only is it a gross generalisation (that all Jews have done something to you Arabs), it's clearly discriminatory.
I said I do not like the Jews that have done **** to us Arabs
Literally every time, I said because of what they have done to us Arabs
The ones who have not done anything, I do not dislike.

I'm not standing up for Islam here, I'm standing up to Arabs so you wouldn't be involved anyway.

Also last time I checked Muslims were meant to stick by each other, not twist each other's words. But you know.

I know what I said.

You don't know what you said, you're literally denying the things you wrote but okay.

Don't come at me. Last time I checked Muslims were supposed to spread peace, educate each other and challenge discrimination. But you know.
Wow this thread is a mess, with one main troublemaker that's always on these religion-related threads
love being referred to as a troublemaker :wink:
Original post by SlightlySummer
Wow this thread is a mess, with one main troublemaker that's always on these religion-related threads
I haven't denied anything, I explained what I wrote but you are refusing to understand.

Also why are you anonymous? There's no reason to be.

oof
You don't know what you said, you're literally denying the things you wrote but okay.

Don't come at me. Last time I checked Muslims were supposed to spread peace, educate each other and challenge discrimination. But you know.
I wasn't referring to you lol
love being referred to as a troublemaker :wink:
I haven't denied anything, I explained what I wrote but you are refusing to understand.

Also why are you anonymous? There's no reason to be.

oof

Cause I don't need to share who I am with you.
love how you ignored what I said because it proved you wrong :wink:
Cause I don't need to share who I am with you.

No, I just refuse to carry on talking to some ignorant 13 year old.

Be honest, do you hate all Jewish people, whether they are in Israel or not?
Original post by Notnek
I feel like a lot of people who aren't racists think it's okay to make these kind of comments but it really isn't. Even if you don't believe it yourself, if you make unchallenged comments/"jokes" that spread the stupid belief that Jews are rich and stingy then the idiots of our society are going to think that all Jews are the same and different to themselves..

Oh I disagree, these people are racists - they just think they aren't. This is especially true of the British far-left. Antisemitism is poorly understood in the UK for some reason. :dontknow:

:smile:
****... should have been a grebo back in the '80's. You guys have no idea about discrimination.... none!
Reply 76
Original post by Snufkin
Oh I disagree, these people are racists - they just think they aren't. This is especially true of the British far-left. Antisemitism is poorly understood in the UK for some reason. :dontknow:

For me I think it depends. I hesitate to label everyone who makes a single racist comment/joke as racist because then they are grouped with the really nasty people who continually make racist comments or commit hate crimes. Also it's tricky to know where to draw the line e.g. if someone laughs at a racist joke are they racist?
Reply 77
Original post by 999tigger
You should be able to criticise Israel without being labelled anti semitic.

Yes I agree. I am a big critic of the Israeli government and I am not antisemitic. Unfortunately most antisemites also criticise Israel so the lines can get very blurred. This is why it can seem like Jews complain about antisemitism too much and this leads to more antisemitism from those who believe Jews control the media and how people should think. Every time I hear a new allegation of antisemitism from the labour party it makes me feel very uneasy if the comment is about Israel because I know that it will fuel more antisemitism.

I'm always careful to criticise the Israeli government and not talk about Israelis/Jews just like I criticise the Trump administration and not Americans as a people. Some would say that criticism of Israel becomes antisemitic if you treat Israel different to other countries that you disagree with. This isn't true for every case though so I don't like it as part of the definition of antisemitism.
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm not 13 are you tapped
No, I just refuse to carry on talking to some ignorant 13 year old.
No I do not hate all Jewish people
I never said that
I dislike the Jews that agree with the whole Israel thing and that is what I have said from the beginning
Don't twist my words.
Original post by Wired_1800
Be honest, do you hate all Jewish people, whether they are in Israel or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending