Would you date someone you don't find very attractive?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Attractiveness has physical and personality aspects and these can interact and develop over time. Plus realistically dating has an aspect of what your dream partner would be and what you an lay hands on. I would weight it up and decide if you are committed to continuing with the relationship. It is pretty mean to be dumped after a relationship has developed, with special moments shared, on the basis that you were never physically attractive enough.
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.

They don't have to conform to absolutely every ideal I have, but there'd have to be some degree of attraction.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Attractiveness has physical and personality aspects and these can interact and develop over time. Plus realistically dating has an aspect of what your dream partner would be and what you an lay hands on. I would weight it up and decide if you are committed to continuing with the relationship. It is pretty mean to be dumped after a relationship has developed, with special moments shared, on the basis that you were never physically attractive enough.
Unless you both wanted a FWB set up?
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This doesn't sound like the situation that OP is asking about. Plus my impression of FWB is that it is usually involves those above average attractiveness who would have little difficulty finding a partner but for one reason or another enjoy this type of dalliance
(Original post by mgi)
Unless you both wanted a FWB set up?
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zarek)
This doesn't sound like the situation that OP is asking about. Plus my impression of FWB is that it is usually involves those above average attractiveness who would have little difficulty finding a partner but for one reason or another enjoy this type of dalliance
Really? you cant really make these assumptions! Who decides what is attractive? FWB is not about 'above average' people having an alliance. "ugly" people can have friends wih benefits! Look around at people in long-term relationships - do you find them all to be good looking or 'above average'?
Delusion6
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't do it, if you don't really like him you won't really value the relationship. you'll always be keeping one eye open for someone else and thats not fair on him. would you like someone who wasn't really into you to date you??
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. But physical attraction can't be easily separated from an attractive personality. They're closely related. If think a girl's cool, nice and funny, I'll also think she's hot.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But people in long term relationships aren't FWB. Not saying ugly people can't be FWB but from what I've seen its not the norm.
(Original post by mgi)
Really? you cant really make these assumptions! Who decides what is attractive? FWB is not about 'above average' people having an alliance. "ugly" people can have friends wih benefits! Look around at people in long-term relationships - do you find them all to be good looking or 'above average'?
mariasanchez1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, personality is key.
Last edited by mariasanchez1234; 1 year ago
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you’re not attractive, you have to be funny. but then again, who would care cause no one is ever attracted to me(romantically)😂😂
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
God... it's all about do I want my kids to look like this guy?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
It's fine to see how things go but you have to also be aware of how far you take it with him as this might really hurt him.
There is a lot of guys in the world so you will meet a lot of guys you get on with its just whether you feel you will regret not seeing if this will become something. a lot of people go for people less attractive because they fall in love with the person inside.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's fine to see how things go but you have to also be aware of how far you take it with him as this might really hurt him.
There is a lot of guys in the world so you will meet a lot of guys you get on with its just whether you feel you will regret not seeing if this will become something. a lot of people go for people less attractive because they fall in love with the person inside.
XD just realised this is a year old even though it was recommended to me.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Theres this girl in my engineering, I mean she isn't ugly but she is clever af. That **** sexy ngl, I would deffo ask her out but she's taken.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
XD just realised this is a year old even though it was recommended to me.
TSR be like that. You should always check the post dates of 'Related discussions'
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think I would go on a date and see how you feel, whether you then feel different. But maybe try thinking how you would feel if you were him- going out with someone who doesn't think you're attractive
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Theres this girl in my engineering, I mean she isn't ugly but she is clever af. That **** sexy ngl, I would deffo ask her out but she's taken.
Excellent.
Prefect1992
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yo bro, True Alphas do three things

1. Eat meat raw

2. Mark their territory

3. Form lifelong bonds with people who they they have deep connections with not just based on shallow social constructs of beauty

Stop this beta behaviour bro and come be an alpha
Synergy~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes 100% if we are talking about physical attractiveness. I have in the past.

This is so overstated but, depending on the person, it's definitely not just about looks at all.
Last edited by Synergy~; 2 weeks ago
Synergy~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Prefect1992)
Yo bro, True Alphas do three things

1. Eat meat raw

2. Mark their territory

3. Form lifelong bonds with people who they they have deep connections with not just based on shallow social constructs of beauty

Stop this beta behaviour bro and come be an alpha
Can girls be alphas 🥺
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (92)
22.22%
No (322)
77.78%

Watched Threads