SS92
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i think i might have ticked the wrong box for the second section.. the question i answered was question 3 but i might have ticked the box for question 2.. what would most likely happen?
flugelr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Loose a mark would seem the obvious one
tetters
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if the examiner is kind you will lose 1 or 2 marks due to communication or standards of working/ lose no marks at all as he'll understand and be kind

however if the examiner is an ******** he'll think its the other question and thus it will be completely irrelevant to the question and you'll fail
SS92
basically in history you are given about 8 sets of questions and u choose 1.. i chose USA from 1919-1941 or something which was question 3 but i ticked the wrong box for it but wrote the answers for USA 1919-1941.. what should i do? could i contact edexcel or something?
Pink_Chocolate xx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You could see your exams officer but not sure if they'd have been sent off by now..
thelostchild
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The examiners arent completely stupid, they should realise that you made a mistake with it and mark the other question, I wouldnt worry about it
ak47kalam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I remember during my exams, I wrote the wrong question number and answered a different question. I realised after the exam, and the school secretary contacted the exam board. They said that the examiners will know which question I'm answering and just continue to mark it as normal, ignoring the incorrect number. So everything should be OK.
SS92
thanks should i contact the exams officer or try and phone up edexcel if possible?
SS92
bump
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, just don't worry about it until results day. If you get very low marks then send it for a re-mark; though that's unlikely. Today in history I started answering part C in the area for part B, though I did make a massive note on the top of the page. :p:

Just be happy it's over...
SS92
(Original post by Fiasco)
No, just don't worry about it until results day. If you get very low marks then send it for a re-mark; though that's unlikely. Today in history I started answering part C in the area for part B, though I did make a massive note on the top of the page. :p:

Just be happy it's over...
for part B how many pages were we given? was it 2?
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yea...

Basically, I just started answering on the second page and then realised, panicked, got over it. I actually think I ****ed history up; two years of serious, hard-work for nothing, eh? Well, I'll find out on results day.
SS92
yh lol .. but you should be fine because you wrote at the top.. btw how many pages were given for C and D?
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
C was two pages, D was 4. Why do you care, the test is over...
SS92
im just worried i made stupid mistakes
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Honestly, I couldn't give a ----. The test is over, the exam I was least worried about screwed my over. I just want to see what happens on results day. What's worse is knowing you've screwed up (even a little), it makes exams feel like they've never ended until you receive your results.
SS92
yep. lol im just panicking able stupid things i mite have done like not ticking write boxes etc.. but i think im just paranoid lol
rhduddlf
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SS92)
i think i might have ticked the wrong box for the second section.. the question i answered was question 3 but i might have ticked the box for question 2.. what would most likely happen?
DId it go OK? Was your mistake critical to your overall score?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?