The Student Room Group

Guys - do you like surprises??

If your girlfriend surprised you for your birthday, putting lots of thought in to it, would you be happy? If you previously hadn't celebrated your birthday , would you perhaps be annoyed? Or would you appreciate it
in the world i grew up in men are pretty much satisfied so long as his girlfriend gives him some good sex that day
thats literally all their world is centered around
i mean they like parties/nice stuff too but if the average guy had to choose between great birthday/no sex or great sex/crap birthday, the latter will ALWAYS win.
What kind of a question is this 😹 putting thought into gifts and suprising someone by showing them that you care in a meaningful and thought out manner is so sweet and a BEAUTIFUL THING!

However, really consider the suprise and make sure it is catered thus crafted to perfectly warm their own unique kind of happy.

For example, I am a introvert. Although I adore people if my partner had planned a suprise birthday party for me, this would be HELL even if my partner had perfectly pure intentions as i prefer to be alone or with tiny tiny groups...Hence a surise birthday party would be the wrong choice for a charater that mirrors mine despite how sweet this kind of thing is in theory.

In conclusion, set your intentions, make sure theyre pure. Make sure the suprise fits your lovers kind of bliss.

Voila, smiles all around and you did something good!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
No, we don't like being surprised for our birthday, nor do we appreciate you putting a lot of thought into it either.
I like being surprised when I wake up :sexface:
Reply 5
Original post by susanthelion
What kind of a question is this 😹 putting thought into gifts and suprising someone by showing them that you care in a meaningful and thought out manner is so sweet and a BEAUTIFUL THING!

However, really consider the suprise and make sure it is catered thus crafted to perfectly warm their own unique kind of happy.

For example, I am a introvert. Although I adore people if my partner had planned a suprise birthday party for me, this would be HELL even if my partner had perfectly pure intentions as i prefer to be alone or with tiny tiny groups...Hence a surise birthday party would be the wrong choice for a charater that mirrors mine despite how sweet this kind of thing is in theory.

In conclusion, set your intentions, make sure theyre pure. Make sure the suprise fits your lovers kind of bliss.

Voila, smiles all around and you did something good!

Hey, thanks for your reply. I know it sounds ridiculous... but when I asked him if he was excited the other day he was a bit like ... meh it's just another day for me. But that's also because he's really stressed at the moment. I haven't planned a big party but rather something for just the two of us :smile:
ahh i understand this kind of 'mehh' reaction that you feel he is expressing because honestly im the exact same way about my birthday 😹

If it helps, this years my two best buddies suprised me with cake and thoughtful, funny 'inside joke', personal type gifts. Now, even though i am usually the first person to claim that my birthday means nothing and treat as usually...in those moments i felt incrediably loved and grateful and happy despite my slightly jaded perspective of days of birth. And i think the suprise, unexpected factor of there kind actions made it all the more thoughtful and sweet.

I think your boyfriend will be incrediably joyest at the sentiment. WISHING YOU BOTH THE BEST!

Original post by Anonymous
Hey, thanks for your reply. I know it sounds ridiculous... but when I asked him if he was excited the other day he was a bit like ... meh it's just another day for me. But that's also because he's really stressed at the moment. I haven't planned a big party but rather something for just the two of us :smile:
They hate them
Reply 8
No.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
No.

Why
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Why

Because surprises = deviation from the norm.
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending