The Student Room Group

LLM in Tilburg or Dublin (Trinity)

Hello to everyone .
So I have been accepted in both Trinity (Intellectual property and information technology law)and Tilburg University (Law and Technology ) masters .
I have been in a dilemma because despite the fact that ,without researching a lot, I know that the Trinity college has a bigger status as a university, I have also heard that the Tilburg master is older and has better researchers and resources . There is also a big price gap which makes the dilemma even stronger . Personally I want to focus more on IP .
Any help or suggestion is welcome from anyone studying in either of the universities or even from someone who has knowledge about these two universities or masters and can provide infos . Thank you very much
Reply 1
Original post by Ermanias
Hello to everyone .
So I have been accepted in both Trinity (Intellectual property and information technology law)and Tilburg University (Law and Technology ) masters .
I have been in a dilemma because despite the fact that ,without researching a lot, I know that the Trinity college has a bigger status as a university, I have also heard that the Tilburg master is older and has better researchers and resources . There is also a big price gap which makes the dilemma even stronger . Personally I want to focus more on IP .
Any help or suggestion is welcome from anyone studying in either of the universities or even from someone who has knowledge about these two universities or masters and can provide infos . Thank you very much

Purely based on location, i would be sorely tempted by Tilburg. It's a much cheaper, nicer area and the tuition is less expensive. Dublin can be a very expensive city for students to live in, getting accomodation can also be challenging, and you would need to take this into account.

However, if you want to focus on IP, the choice is obvious. It would be Trinity - it's the much better course for your area of interest. They do tons of electives you can choose from in that area. Tilburg only touch upon IP in a single module.

It's really a competition between better location/ cheaper cost v. course content. If your finances can stretch to it, the latter should probably win.

Quick Reply

Latest