Royal holloway/ uni overnight guests? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! I’m soon to start university at royal holloway (hopefully haha) I know it says you’re not allowed guests over after 11pm but I was wondering if people would be able to get away with it? I’m moving out for uni and although I want a new experience I know I’m going to miss my mum way too much and need her to stay over sometimes! Don’t really want to do the hub.. was wondering if she would be able to stay in my room? Thank you!!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey! I’m soon to start university at royal holloway (hopefully haha) I know it says you’re not allowed guests over after 11pm but I was wondering if people would be able to get away with it? I’m moving out for uni and although I want a new experience I know I’m going to miss my mum way too much and need her to stay over sometimes! Don’t really want to do the hub.. was wondering if she would be able to stay in my room? Thank you!!
i don't go to that uni so can't help specifically but you've got to bare in mind your flatmates as well as speak to them about having a guest over otherwise they might want to mention it to someone. how far away will you be living? you might find the homesickness goes away after a while.
westie15
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there! I'm about to go into my 3rd year at Royal Holloway and have lived in Wedderburn for the past 2 years. Please do not worry at all about the guests thing! My boyfriend stayed over at least twice a week during my first year and my flatmates had other people around constantly. There's no way for anyone to know, you swipe yourself in and out with your key card and I've never heard of anyone having to use the Hub at all, so yes your mum will be fine!
Last edited by westie15; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
OMG thank you so much!
(Original post by westie15)
Hi there! I'm about to go into my 3rd year at Royal Holloway and have lived in Wedderburn for the past 2 years. Please do not worry at all about the guests thing! My boyfriend stayed over at least twice a week during my first year and my flatmates had other people around constantly. There's no way for anyone to know, you swipe yourself in and out with your key card and I've never heard of anyone having to use the Hub at all, so yes your mum will be fine!
Anonymous #1
Not too far away, I’ve just never been away before

(Original post by claireestelle)
i don't go to that uni so can't help specifically but you've got to bare in mind your flatmates as well as speak to them about having a guest over otherwise they might want to mention it to someone. how far away will you be living? you might find the homesickness goes away after a while.
westie15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OMG thank you so much!
No problem! If you have any other questions/worries about Royal Holloway feel free to send me a message
Anonymous #1
Thank you! Was just wondering if the fire alarms go off and you have guests overnight what happens?
No problem! If you have any other questions/worries about Royal Holloway feel free to send me a message
westie15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! Was just wondering if the fire alarms go off and you have guests overnight what happens?
So when an alarm goes off everyone just walks outside and stands in a big group. No registers are taken or anything and security will come and turn it off and as soon as it's off everyone walks back inside - so guests will blend in
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much! Your response was a big help!! Xx
So when an alarm goes off everyone just walks outside and stands in a big group. No registers are taken or anything and security will come and turn it off and as soon as it's off everyone walks back inside - so guests will blend in
DMP
Badges: 2
Report 8 hours ago
Hi Anonymous #1. My daughter is about to start at RHUL this September, and has a place in Wedderburn. She's also hoping I will be able to stay sometimes. Perhaps you and she can meet in freshers week.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 hours ago
Aw I wish I could! I’m actually no longer going to royal holloway now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (229)
13.68%
Impatient (212)
12.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise