Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've received offers from university of Hertfordshire and Brunel University for international relations and politics course (undergraduate)
Which one will be a better choice in terms of future employment and modules???
Please help
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've received offers from university of Hertfordshire and Brunel University for international relations and politics course (undergraduate)
Please help
Brunel has a slightly better employment rate but thats from a small sample size so i wouldn't go purely off that.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
Please help
Modules you can check from the web page as they usually have a detailed module plan.
You should really go to open days to get a feel for each uni, facilities and staff.
You can ask the department about what their graduates go on to do.
Requires more research by you imo.
Herts UG Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Please help
Well done on your offers! They are both great institutions so well done!

96% of University of Hertfordshire graduates are in employment/further study within 6 months of leaving University. This is the highest graduate employment rate in the East of England. This is thanks to our links with industry, ensuring courses are on topic and produce graduates with the required skill set. Additionally we have a dedicated Careers Centre who support students in finding placements, internships and graduate jobs. When comparing teaching, both Universities have received TEF ratings, with Hertfordshire a Gold standard and Brunel a Silver standard.

In your Year 1 at Hertfordshire there are a range of introductory modules covering Politics, Strategy, International Relations Theory and Contemporary British Politics. In later years modules include: Security and Governance, Internet Governance and Politics, The Age of the Cold War, Brexit: Challenges and Opportunities, Human Rights, Public International Law, International Organisations. There is also the option of a placement year or year abroad.

You can find out more about the course contents here.

Hope this helps you If you have any questions about the University of Hertfordshire and the course at UH let me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads