Extended Essay Psychology IB - URGENT Watch

ibstudent4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone! I have been going back and forth with my research question, but I am still confused if I should stick with it and continue. Currently it is about altruism and if a person can truly perform altruistic actions. I saw that this topic is in our coursebook, so how can I make it out of syllabus or should I change the question altogether? Thank you!
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Play it safe and change the question altogether if you're struggling to create one outside of the syllabus with this particular topic.
ibstudent4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you! I have been trying to find a good question with a good amount research, haven't been able to find one yet
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Play it safe and change the question altogether if you're struggling to create one outside of the syllabus with this particular topic.
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ibstudent4)
Thank you! I have been trying to find a good question with a good amount research, haven't been able to find one yet
I did an EPQ (basically the non-IB version of the extended essay for A Level students), and my topic was from the field of psychology. I did my EPQ on psychometrics (more specifically, the accuracy of the IQ test). I did not realise it initially, but after my research, I discovered that it was a topic that was quite strongly linked to psychology.

If it's not in the IBDP's psychology syllabus, maybe you could do something on psychometrics (although you'd have to be interested in that subfield of psychology)?
Last edited by Tolgarda; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (210)
12.71%
Excited (147)
8.9%
Worried (300)
18.16%
Terrified (374)
22.64%
Meh (151)
9.14%
Confused (36)
2.18%