The Student Room Group

500 Calories or less?

--
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah don't do it. I used to be your weight and I'm a similar height. I started doing exactly what you're planning to do and I ended up with an eating disorder which I'm still trying to get over. If you want to lose weight, follow a diet plan of around 1200 calories per week as a bare minimum and do more exercise - do not restrict to 500 calories a day - it isn't fun and you end up getting ill mentally and physically like I am.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah don't do it. I used to be your weight and I'm a similar height. I started doing exactly what you're planning to do and I ended up with an eating disorder which I'm still trying to get over. If you want to lose weight, follow a diet plan of around 1200 calories per week as a bare minimum and do more exercise - do not restrict to 500 calories a day - it isn't fun and you end up getting ill mentally and physically like I am.

That should be 1200 calories per day.
Reply 3
No 500 calories a day is silly, you'll feel miserable and unsatisfied.

I recommend eating 500 calories under your BMR (look this up, there are calculators online). Along with exercise (which is everything that involves moving, so walking and even housework).

I recommend some form of weight exercises (can be bodyweight) as well as cardio.
Do not do that you will damage your organs and body and your metabolism will get so low that anything you eat after that will be stored as fat. instead try and eat 1000 a day and cut your carbohydrate to 70-100g a day

Quick Reply

Latest