The Student Room Group

a level results

so i’ve applied for a course which is a branch off the standard law llb however it is an unpopular course.

i wanted to know if i miss my expected grades (which i know i will) would i still be accepted onto the course due to there being space? would this be the case as soon as ucas opens on results day or would i be rejected and have to phone admissions instead??

thankss :smile:
Reply 1
bump
Several bits of information missing here...

Entry requirements... What you think you have achieved and needed....

Highly ranked or mid tier university? There are major differences. Preferably the name of the university in question would be useful.

Ultimately it's hard to guesstimate regardless. But without any supporting information no one could draw a realistic conclusion on such limited information.
I’m presuming you are taking A Levels?

If so, there should be a decision for you on Track in results day. Most courses will consider near miss applicants automatically, there’s no need to contact Admissions to request this.

There’s no way to predict how likely you are to be accepted, it really depends on the results of all the other candidates.
Reply 4
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Several bits of information missing here...

Entry requirements... What you think you have achieved and needed....

Highly ranked or mid tier university? There are major differences. Preferably the name of the university in question would be useful.

Ultimately it's hard to guesstimate regardless. But without any supporting information no one could draw a realistic conclusion on such limited information.

entry requirements are AAB and i’m expecting maybe ABC.

university is university of sheffield.

hope that helps.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
I’m presuming you are taking A Levels?

If so, there should be a decision for you on Track in results day. Most courses will consider near miss applicants automatically, there’s no need to contact Admissions to request this.

There’s no way to predict how likely you are to be accepted, it really depends on the results of all the other candidates.

i’ve already taken my exams but i just wanted to know whether the fact that it’s an unpopular course affects the likelihood of being accepted.
Can't see the University of Sheffield accepting ABC on to a AAB course. You've really missed the offer. An ABC student isn't the same calibre as an AAB student in the eyes of admissions. ABB might work. But let's hope your judging yourself to harshly and get at least ABB.

Would have a list of alternatives at the ready though in case you miss your offer and be ready to call once track updates. You can look at some ABB courses with ABC. That might be more in range.

AAB and ABC are just very far apart imo.
Original post by bad bunny
i’ve already taken my exams but i just wanted to know whether the fact that it’s an unpopular course affects the likelihood of being accepted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending