Are you able to switch University courses if you don't get the required grade Watch

HarryOnTap
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
This applies to Foundation years and usual university degrees.

If you don't meet your required GCSE grade or A-level grade, are you able to switch to a course with a lower required grade at the same university?

This question is for undergraduates.
Last edited by HarryOnTap; 4 months ago
Doublletrouble
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeh but it has to be done on the day you receive your results you need to call admissions and ask, sometime there are online services to do it. But calling is better in case the course is filled
HarryOnTap
Rep:
?
The course tutor said to email him to ask whether or not I could still do the course I applied for, in the event that I don't meet the required grade. Should I wait for his response or should I call admissions straight away after receiving my results?
(Original post by Doublletrouble)
Yeh but it has to be done on the day you receive your results you need to call admissions and ask, sometime there are online services to do it. But calling is better in case the course is filled
Doublletrouble
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HarryOnTap)
The course tutor said to email him to ask whether or not I could still do the course I applied for, in the event that I don't meet the required grade. Should I wait for his response or should I call admissions straight away after receiving my results?
No admission is the one that you really need that day, the course tutor will be only useful once admission can accept you, as they can help to forward your application to the tutor
HarryOnTap
Rep:
?
Ah I see, thanks. Can the course tutor waver anything or is that solely down to admissions?
(Original post by Doublletrouble)
No admission is the one that you really need that day, the course tutor will be only useful once admission can accept you, as they can help to forward your application to the tutor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (46)
75.41%
No I haven't decided yet (9)
14.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
9.84%

Watched Threads