The Student Room Group

Biology

Why do universities only ask for either only a biology a level or biology and another subject such as maths physics or chemistry to do a biology/biological sciences degree when there are loads of people saying that chemistry is basically a requirement and without it you’ll struggle?
Original post by Idk_99
Why do universities only ask for either only a biology a level or biology and another subject such as maths physics or chemistry to do a biology/biological sciences degree when there are loads of people saying that chemistry is basically a requirement and without it you’ll struggle?

because some of the universities, think that you can get up to scratch in chemistry in first year probably
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
because some of the universities, think that you can get up to scratch in chemistry in first year probably

That would make sense but some universities I’ve looked at haven’t mentioned anything to help with chemistry like some universities such as Warwick have a chemistry for biologists module but then others have no mention of anything like that
Original post by Idk_99
That would make sense but some universities I’ve looked at haven’t mentioned anything to help with chemistry like some universities such as Warwick have a chemistry for biologists module but then others have no mention of anything like that

they might feel that first year is basic enough in general without a specific module, it's not in universities interests to accept people who can't cope with their course
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
they might feel that first year is basic enough in general without a specific module, it's not in universities interests to accept people who can't cope with their course

Yeah I guess that is true, it just confused me a bit with all the comments that go around saying chemistry is basically a requirement in biology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending