Broadgate Park 2019- new students. Watch

Emmaj42
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m a second year student returning to broadgate Park again this year, so if any freshers have any questions about BGP I may be able to help. 🤷*♀️

(I live in a studio)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jackaleksandr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emmaj42)
I’m a second year student returning to broadgate Park again this year, so if any freshers have any questions about BGP I may be able to help. 🤷*♀️

(I live in a studio)
What time does check in open on the move in date? I've only been able to find conflicting answers.

Will taking two cars be okay? I can't fit everything in my Ford Fiesta, so my friend is helping me move with her car, too.

Are we allowed to purchase and use our own furniture in the room? I don't think my TV will fit on the desk, and if it does, I doubt I'll be able to see it from my bed, so I kind of want to get a TV stand 😂

I apologise for my questions. They're very much 'first world problems.'
Emmaj42
Rep:
?
Not a problem. I checked my email from last year (I’m like 99% sure the process will be identical to last year) and it states that people were able to start arriving from 8am on the Friday which is the first date you’re allowed to move in, and after that, you can check in any time 24 hours a day.

As for the tv stand, I haven’t read anything saying that you can’t bring your own furniture but the thing to remember is what space you have in your room as the rooms aren’t huge and any furniture already in there needs to stay in there. Honestly, if you have the space in your room (enough so that it doesn’t cause a fire hazard) then yeah it’ll probably be alright.
If you want to be really safe and you haven’t bought a stand yet, I’d wait till your here and double check with reception and then buy one. Up to u.

2 cars should be absolutely fine but just bear in mind the lack of parking. The process last year was that we initially parked on a field on campus across the road, walked to broadgate to check in, and they gave you permit thing for your car with a time on it, allowing you to park inside broadgate but security would check the times to make sure people weren’t hanging around after packing coz there’s so little room for other cars that you need to unload and go really. They can hardly stop you taking 2 cars and I reckon if you ask for 2 permits when you arrive they’ll most likely have no issue with it. (Or they’ll make you park and unload 1 car at a time but I highly doubt it).

Sorry if that was long winded. Hope it helped.
Emmaj42
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jackaleksandr)
What time does check in open on the move in date? I've only been able to find conflicting answers.

Will taking two cars be okay? I can't fit everything in my Ford Fiesta, so my friend is helping me move with her car, too.

Are we allowed to purchase and use our own furniture in the room? I don't think my TV will fit on the desk, and if it does, I doubt I'll be able to see it from my bed, so I kind of want to get a TV stand 😂

I apologise for my questions. They're very much 'first world problems.'
Sorry- I accidentally replied to the post and not you.
My response is above.
Jackaleksandr
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a problem. I checked my email from last year (I’m like 99% sure the process will be identical to last year) and it states that people were able to start arriving from 8am on the Friday which is the first date you’re allowed to move in, and after that, you can check in any time 24 hours a day.

As for the tv stand, I haven’t read anything saying that you can’t bring your own furniture but the thing to remember is what space you have in your room as the rooms aren’t huge and any furniture already in there needs to stay in there. Honestly, if you have the space in your room (enough so that it doesn’t cause a fire hazard) then yeah it’ll probably be alright.
If you want to be really safe and you haven’t bought a stand yet, I’d wait till your here and double check with reception and then buy one. Up to u.

2 cars should be absolutely fine but just bear in mind the lack of parking. The process last year was that we initially parked on a field on campus across the road, walked to broadgate to check in, and they gave you permit thing for your car with a time on it, allowing you to park inside broadgate but security would check the times to make sure people weren’t hanging around after packing coz there’s so little room for other cars that you need to unload and go really. They can hardly stop you taking 2 cars and I reckon if you ask for 2 permits when you arrive they’ll most likely have no issue with it. (Or they’ll make you park and unload 1 car at a time but I highly doubt it).

Sorry if that was long winded. Hope it helped.
8am is great! I actually live locally but I'm moving into halls, so I want to be there as early as possible. 8am works great, so thanks for that clarification. The two cars information is good, too. If it weren't for my hockey kit, I doubt I'd need two cars, but it is what it is 😁

I've applied for a permit to keep my car at Broadgate due to doctors appointments in Hull and London anyway, do you know when that'll come into affect?

Oh god yeah, I definitely don't plan on purchasing one until I've gotmy room! It's a large standard, so I may be fine, but I don't plan on hitting Ikea until I've moved everything in and had a better look to see if it'll fit or I need it 😁

Thank you! This information is great.
Emmaj42
Rep:
?
8am is great! I actually live locally but I'm moving into halls, so I want to be there as early as possible. 8am works great, so thanks for that clarification. The two cars information is good, too. If it weren't for my hockey kit, I doubt I'd need two cars, but it is what it is 😁

I've applied for a permit to keep my car at Broadgate due to doctors appointments in Hull and London anyway, do you know when that'll come into affect?

Oh god yeah, I definitely don't plan on purchasing one until I've gotmy room! It's a large standard, so I may be fine, but I don't plan on hitting Ikea until I've moved everything in and had a better look to see if it'll fit or I need it 😁

Thank you! This information is great.
Personally I don’t have a car so I don’t know too much about broadgates permits I’m afraid. I would have thought they’d come into affect upon arrival however because there will be so many cars in those first few days moving in I’m not 100% sure. Probably fine tho.
Worst case scenario, a little further up the road (5 minute walk) is a side road where you’ll be able to park for free with no restrictions until it does come into affect if they make you wait. The road is called peveril road. It’s where my mates park when they visit.
Jackaleksandr
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally I don’t have a car so I don’t know too much about broadgates permits I’m afraid. I would have thought they’d come into affect upon arrival however because there will be so many cars in those first few days moving in I’m not 100% sure. Probably fine tho.
Worst case scenario, a little further up the road (5 minute walk) is a side road where you’ll be able to park for free with no restrictions until it does come into affect if they make you wait. The road is called peveril road. It’s where my mates park when they visit.
That's great information, thank you! I really appreciate it It's all be super helpful and helped to ease my anxiety massively. Thank you!
Emmaj42
Rep:
?
That's great information, thank you! I really appreciate it It's all be super helpful and helped to ease my anxiety massively. Thank you!
No problem, happy to help. Any more questions come up let me know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Sep '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (219)
12.5%
Excited (163)
9.3%
Worried (308)
17.58%
Terrified (387)
22.09%
Meh (180)
10.27%
Confused (37)
2.11%