The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ITS2019
Hello, Does anyone know of any good books for interview preparation?

I've posted above.
(edited 4 years ago)
has anyone got a date for their KCL interview yet?
Original post by Nuttyy
Not sure, I would say a white shirt, formal jumper, trousers and Oxford shoes.

But I'd recommend investing in a suit, you'll need it one day or another. You can decent ones for less than £60 during sale times.

Good advice. "If in doubt - overdress." No-one ever got pulled up for being 'too smart'.

A
Original post by sophiemarie123
What were your stats you applied with? I’m waiting to hear back too!

2:1 clinical nutrition, 680 😬 and level 2 sjt
Tbh i don’t fancy my chances but applied anyway
How about yourself?
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone heard back from Liverpool, Bristol or sheffield yet? I’m really worried as I got a 635 band 3 on my ucat. However I have already sat my a levels for bio chem and maths and obtained three As. I got 4 a stars including a 9 in maths 5 As and 1 b for gcse
Original post by ciaraglennon
Anyone still waiting on hearing back from Newcastle?

Yes I am
Original post by lanz972
2:1 clinical nutrition, 680 😬 and level 2 sjt
Tbh i don’t fancy my chances but applied anyway
How about yourself?

Ah nice!! Predicted 2:1 biomed, 612.5 😫 band 2! I guess I’m using this year as a trial now haha
Ah nice!! Predicted 2:1 biomed, 612.5 😫 band 2! I guess I’m using this year as a trial now haha

Ahh you’re still in uni? That’s alright then you got lots of time! I remember logging back into my ucas and thinking how did I get here again 😭 Good luck with it all 😊
Sorry to be that annoying person but has anyone heard back from Glasgow yet?

I am applying as a graduate too for third time though!
I have achieved 1st in Biomed, 40/45 in IB and predicted distinction in MSc Nutrition and Food Science.
My UCAT is quite low again though. Got 2360 and band 4 SJT. :frown:
Original post by Huss007
Anyone heard back from Liverpool, Bristol or sheffield yet? I’m really worried as I got a 635 band 3 on my ucat. However I have already sat my a levels for bio chem and maths and obtained three As. I got 4 a stars including a 9 in maths 5 As and 1 b for gcse

I’ve got an interview with Bristol!!
Original post by Kamilastan

Wow! What are your stats
Original post by lanz972
Ahh you’re still in uni? That’s alright then you got lots of time! I remember logging back into my ucas and thinking how did I get here again 😭 Good luck with it all 😊

Hahaha literally me. It all looks the same😂 thank you, and you! I’ve heard some people getting interviews for undergrad so hopefully grad will come shortly :smile:
Original post by Sara1498

I am applying as a graduate too for third time though!
I have achieved 1st in Biomed, 40/45 in IB and predicted distinction in MSc Nutrition and Food Science.
My UCAT is quite low again though. Got 2360 and band 4 SJT. :frown:

Wow 1st in biomed! Good luck to you hope we all get a shot for interviews :smile:
Original post by Kamilastan

Wow first person I’ve heard to have an interview with Bristol! What were your statistics and when did your recieve the good news
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by zainab.yasin
Congrats! I also got an interview from Plymouth.still waiting for Cardiff, queen Mary’s and Liverpool

Congratulations for getting an interview with Plymouth. Can I ask what did you get for UCAT, A level and GCSE?
Original post by chelc97
Sorry to be that annoying person but has anyone heard back from Glasgow yet?

Nope not yet, in the email they sent after they received my application it said that all the interviews would be given out in December.
Original post by Simbassi
True but I wouldn’t rule it out ur ucat is low but as long as others bring it up and ur not it bottom percentile I wouldn’t worry. Just take it as it comes it’s not in ur hands now ygm. Would brum be ur first choice? My ucat is low aswell 612.5 b2 but my PS and gcse bring it up I think

Yeah ngl you’re right. And yes Birms would defo be my first choice for dentistry. Tbh I’m not bothered where I go, I love all my unis and a dental school is a dental school at the end of the day. My ucat of 595 avg band 3 I guess can be outweighed by my strong personal statement , strong a level predictions (A*A*A) and fairly strong gcses (5A* 3A 2B). So far only received an interview from plymouth which I’m really happy about however I’ve heard how tough the interview stage is at plymouht which has worried me a bit. I’m hoping cardiff Liverpool and Birms are positive replies as the more interviews means More practice.
Has anyone received interviews from Birmingham, Liverpool or Cardiff?
i heard Birmingham have started to send out interviews and so have cardiff. I think Liverpool get back the latest and that’s in January but hopefully by December I’ve heard back from Cardiff and Birms
Wow 1st in biomed! Good luck to you hope we all get a shot for interviews :smile:

Thank you very much!:wink:
I am so worried for my low UCAT score. Last year I got a similar score and got 3 rejections pre-interview and 1 post-interview even having a predicted 1st.:frown:
Are you applying as an undergrad?

Latest