Getting pregnant to keep a man Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't want to make this thread long so I will cut it short. My cousin who is like a sister to me is has been seeing this guy for about half a year now. They are just friends with benefits and he has made that pretty clear to her, but my cousin doesn't grasp that and hasn't in other FWBs she's had prior. She's in love with this guy and she told me she's going to get pregnant to keep him in her life. I told her no, don't do that you're only going to make things worse and she's is stubborn about this. Should I tell the guy that she's trying to get pregnant to keep him? I don't want to go behind her back because she's my cousin and we're very close but I can't let her do this to herself.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh lord I feel sorry for that kid if he or she is just being used as a means to keep a man.

kids are not pets
Gent2324
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tell him. potentialy ruin a childs life or piss off your cousin a bit?
Den987
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If this is what she wants to do, then she is a deceitful manipulator.
An equivalent example would be of a guy saying he wore protection, only for him not to and get a girl pregnant in order to 'tie' her to him.
Unacceptable.
You've already tried telling her, so definitely tell him now.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't want to make this thread long so I will cut it short. My cousin who is like a sister to me is has been seeing this guy for about half a year now. They are just friends with benefits and he has made that pretty clear to her, but my cousin doesn't grasp that and hasn't in other FWBs she's had prior. She's in love with this guy and she told me she's going to get pregnant to keep him in her life. I told her no, don't do that you're only going to make things worse and she's is stubborn about this. Should I tell the guy that she's trying to get pregnant to keep him? I don't want to go behind her back because she's my cousin and we're very close but I can't let her do this to herself.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 month ago
you can't keep someone in your life who doesn't want to be there - not even a kid can do that. if her boyfriend wants to move to another country at any point in his life, he can.

but if this boy is such a catch he should already be mindful of using protection, regardless of your cousin's intentions. his sex life is his responsibility; it's not your place to ensure he wears a condom. you can tell your cousin tho that nothing can make this boy stay if he doesn't want to and that child support is not guaranteed. it's based on income so if her boyfriend is poor she might get a few pounds if she's lucky. lots of fathers don't pay support at all, so it would be very foolish of her to take such a gamble.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Jeremy Kyle would have sorted this s*** out if it all went wrong. Oh ITV, what have you done...
NoTearsLeftToCry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tell him. that’s not bad bish behaviour
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You already know what to do.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
If they aren't serious then what makes her think he would want her to keep the baby? She's being stupid, getting pregnant isn't going to make him lover her. If she wants to do this let her, it will all backfire on her and she'll need you for support. Hopefully she won't go through with it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your cousin is a ****ing idiot. Tell him.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why does your cousin think friends with benefits means commitment rather thsn casual sex? What's the issue with her? Trying to find love in the wrong places. You need to tell the boyfriend and also tell your cousin to deal with her insecurities!
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Although her strategy is highly questionable in many respects I would mind your own business. Its not a good idea to meddle in others relationships and it could explode in your face.
schoolsboring
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
`You have to tell him asap, this could ruin both of there lives, and the child
Arisapo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
100% you have to tell the guy or at least do something.

He's made his feelings clear that it's an FWB thing and she's trying to be manipulative and deceitful to get what she wants. She's effectively using a baby as a toy in order to keep someone around her.

If you can't see that's wrong and needs stopping there isn't much else to say.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What does she think will happen, that he'll be forced to marry her if she gets pregnant, or be shamed into staying with her? This isn't the Victorian times. He may feel some obligation towards the child, but then again, he may not. He may want to stay in the child's life, but not in your cousin's. He could easily walk away and then where would your cousin be? Left alone to be a single parent, that's where.

Surely she should want a child to be born exclusively out of love, rather than additionally as a pawn in some weird manipulative game she's playing.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely tell him. She should know that having a kid with someone doesn't mean they stay in your life. Surely she's heard of or knows mothers who have been left alone by the father? He needs to know so he knows to end their FWB relationship.
wxgmak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tell him. Your cousin needs some help instead of potentially ruining a child’s life and the guys
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Having a baby to keep a man is more likely to put pressure on a relationship than make it stronger. All she's doing is having a child destined to be brought up by a single mum with a part time dad, and that's not fair for any child to have to deal with.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't get involved.
If these two adults have chosen to have an fwb arrangement that does not involve using contraception, that is nothing to do with you.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All that's gonna happen is he'll either ditch her so she's left with a child she didn't want for the right reasons or he'll stay but resent her once he finds out the truth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise