bobolob55
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello all,

I am a 25 year old male who is currently lost in terms of career direction. I have experience in old easy (In my opinion, no offence to those in that region) jobs such as Warehouse staff and basic catering.

I then became a Police Officer for a year and a couple months until a few months back. This was due to the stress levels and the way the job unfortunately heading.

I'm currently doing part time event security to try to keep my money coming however i need to get myself into a new career. I don't have a degree and am really struggling in terms of knowing what i want to do.
As a character i'm active, very disciplined and ill get on with anyone. Not very academic however do have low A-level grades and GCSE's.

Any help with what my experience could help me get into or other suggestions? RAF or Royal Marines have appealed to me but still unsure.

Thanks
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by bobolob55)
Hello all,

I am a 25 year old male who is currently lost in terms of career direction. I have experience in old easy (In my opinion, no offence to those in that region) jobs such as Warehouse staff and basic catering.

I then became a Police Officer for a year and a couple months until a few months back. This was due to the stress levels and the way the job unfortunately heading.

I'm currently doing part time event security to try to keep my money coming however i need to get myself into a new career. I don't have a degree and am really struggling in terms of knowing what i want to do.
As a character i'm active, very disciplined and ill get on with anyone. Not very academic however do have low A-level grades and GCSE's.

Any help with what my experience could help me get into or other suggestions? RAF or Royal Marines have appealed to me but still unsure.

Thanks
Hey, sorry you haven't had an answer to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon

What sort of things interest you, even if you're not necessarily qualified for them right now?
bobolob55
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Hey, sorry you haven't had an answer to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon

What sort of things interest you, even if you're not necessarily qualified for them right now?
Not a problem, thank you! I'm probably a very difficult case if i'm honest because i don't have very strong interests in any career area in particular! My dream career has always been a full time firefighter however these roles are very rarely employing now. I've looked at RAF firefighter also however from various opinions RAF is not very good to be in currently.

I'm quite active and also quite creative. Looking into Marketing however not sure a desk job is for me! It's hard as i thought the police was going to be a long career but clearly not haha
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Keep researching al the Armed Forces - but don't just listen to gossip - do real research with the AFCO and try and organise somestation/unit visits.

Got any outward bound skills/experience?

Sports coaching?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not a problem, thank you! I'm probably a very difficult case if i'm honest because i don't have very strong interests in any career area in particular! My dream career has always been a full time firefighter however these roles are very rarely employing now. I've looked at RAF firefighter also however from various opinions RAF is not very good to be in currently.

I'm quite active and also quite creative. Looking into Marketing however not sure a desk job is for me! It's hard as i thought the police was going to be a long career but clearly not haha
RAF is fine to be in, but some people are disillusioned with firefighter as it's not that busy day-to-day; a lot of training, but not many house fires or aircraft incidents to attend, maybe the odd landing where they are needed on standyby for overheated brakes.

The RAF Police has quite a different role to civvy street, but don't just stick with the emergency service roles. There's lots of jobs in the Forces which could be open to you. Browse the recruitment website(s).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (55)
60.44%
No (36)
39.56%

Watched Threads