The Student Room Group

Can I say this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by RichPiana
Does it make you feel good?

Yes

Does it make you feel better about yourself?

Yes

Does it make you feel superior?

No

Does it make you feel like you’re on top of the world?

No

Is lying going to project you into the next dimension of greatness?

I am not lying to any professional body.😑
Literally no one outside of an employer or admissions team is going to care about your A Level results, inflated or otherwise.

So why not just tell everyone you got A*A*A*?

NB. The thought of you 'casually' dropping this into conversation is AMAZING.
Lol you’re a fraud pal, you don’t even deserve to get into uni for thinking that way.
Original post by Lostx
Is it fair for me to say I achieved A*BB as t I was only one UMS mark off an A* in biology and 3 UMS marks off a B in physics?

Get those papers remarked then. Otherwise no, you can't say that.
You can do what you like when you tell friends and relatives but won’t you feel a bit stupid saying you got A*BB when you really got ABC?

Reality is, you got those grades. No point in lying about them as what’s the real point?
I’ve looked more at your profile and can see you’re experiences difficulties so I’ll try and give you an honest answer:

You’re not lying to examining bodies, so I don’t see a real issue and if that’s what you want to do, that’s fine. Personally, I’d feel dishonest and wrong even if it’s just family.

If you’ve overcome difficulties and worked hard, ABC is still a decent set of grades. People might tell you otherwise and for some people it wouldn’t be, but be proud regardless. Family shouldn’t judge you for getting ABC instead of A*BB if I’m completely honest.
Everyone here is really bitter. Just say 'no, try getting them remarked' or something and leave. They only asked a question, why is everyone feeling so attacked lol
Original post by Glimmerz
Everyone here is really bitter. Just say 'no, try getting them remarked' or something and leave. They only asked a question, why is everyone feeling so attacked lol

Because the implication from the first post was the OP was planning to lie on a job or Uni application. They posted in 'Applications, Clearing and UCAS' and have already apologised for any confusion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending