Alexisv45
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my boyfriend is always criticizing the way I take care of our son earlier he was all saying how I was going to feed him when I was feeding him he just happened to fall asleep cause he’s hasn’t slept In a couple of hours then I ask my boyfriend to watch him really quick so I can wash my face and then he starts crying while he’s with my boyfriend so I think he’s tired and grab him and start to put him to sleep and mh Boyfriend starts giving me attitude saying how I wasn’t going to feed him and it made me feel bad like I’m not doing anything right and he does it a lot like I don’t know what I’m doing and it hurts my feelings
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tell him how you feel, and that it's unfair
2childmum!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How old is your baby? Life with a young baby can be very difficult and tiring. Do you have anyone who can help you - maybe family members? Or speak to your Health Visitor. Try to get out for a walk everyday with or without your baby, to clear your head. Join a mum and baby group - ask your health visitor if there is one for younger mums.

It sounds as if you and your boyfriend are working against each other, rather than with each other - which is easier said than done I know! It might be better, if your boyfriend has the baby for a bit, to let him soother him/her or get him/her to sleep, rather than grabbing the baby to try and do it yourself. Babies cry all the time - it's the way they communicate- and it would be good if both of you learn how to respond. If you grab the baby when he cries and you boyfriend has him, it might make your boyfriend think you don't trust him with the baby, which might be why he is running you down. He probably feels he doesn't know how to look after the baby either, and is taking our his frustration and lack of confidence on you.

You do need to sit down and have a chat with your boyfriend. I'm not a great believer in a strict routine for very young babies, they need to feed and sleep when they need to, but having some plan in place for feeding times and sleeping times might help you both feel you have some control back again.

Maybe post this in the relationship forum (rather than the A level one)where more people might be able to help. Or post on somewhere like net mums, or find a local Facebook page for new mums, where more people will understand what you are going through. And take care of yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (193)
14.31%
I'm not sure (60)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.13%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.74%
I'm not a current university student (666)
49.37%

Watched Threads