The Student Room Group

Failed my first A-Level Mocks

Sociology- EBusiness- UPhilosophy and Ethics- EI don't know what I should next and we have 6 weeks off for the summer but I am unsure if I can turn it around
I also performed similar in my first year. But in my secound year i did a lot of work. And loads of old past papers, dating back to 2000. I did my A Levels in 2016. I got ABB. So it is possible. You just have to work very hard
They are mocks for a reason. Focus on where you lost marks and improve on it. It sounds cliche but really does help.
It's possible to turn the ship around. By Action and Hard Work.
Reply 4
Thank You!

I am planning to work hard but I'm worried if I still can't do well
Original post by Cheesybread
I also performed similar in my first year. But in my secound year i did a lot of work. And loads of old past papers, dating back to 2000. I did my A Levels in 2016. I got ABB. So it is possible. You just have to work very hard
Regaining your confidence is a big part of achiving well. Thats why i did loads of past papers until i became confident
Original post by danialaaa
Thank You!

I am planning to work hard but I'm worried if I still can't do well
Reply 6
Thank You!

I'm asking for all the feedback so I can see where I need to improve
Original post by MusabKhan
They are mocks for a reason. Focus on where you lost marks and improve on it. It sounds cliche but really does help.
Reply 7
Thank You!

Just had a stressful and busy year
Original post by FailedMyMocks
It's possible to turn the ship around. By Action and Hard Work.
Reply 8
In my first set of tests in year 12 I got BCD, in my end of year 12 mocks I got BBC and then in my year 13 mocks I got A*A*B. Your grades are not set in stone and you can change them and improve them. Firstly redo your mock exams, ask your teachers where you went wrong and redo the papers. If you keep practising the wrong thing you won’t improve - you need to figure out where and how you went wrong and talk to your teachers about where you made mistakes.
Original post by danialaaa
Sociology- EBusiness- UPhilosophy and Ethics- EI don't know what I should next and we have 6 weeks off for the summer but I am unsure if I can turn it around

Quick Reply

Latest