The Student Room Group

My girlfriend doesn't have a lot of friends...

My girlfriend is quite simply amazing. She is perfect for me and has so many wonderful qualities. She is very close to her family (parents and also cousins), but she only has 2-3 good friends. Is this a bit strange?
I don’t think that’s strange. I think that’s a good thing
Not at all. My girlfriend and I are the same we both have 2-3 that we consider good friends it's all about trust really. I'd rather have 1 good friend the 7 bad ones
you only need 2/3 good friends. what’s strange is your thought process creating this thread
Reply 4
Original post by Wooord
I don’t think that’s strange. I think that’s a good thing

How?
Original post by Anonymous
How?

She’s kept a few close friends that she can trust and turn to for good advice. Where as when having 8-10 friends, there’s always going to be some kind of drama. She’s avoiding that, good for her
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend is quite simply amazing. She is perfect for me and has so many wonderful qualities. She is very close to her family (parents and also cousins), but she only has 2-3 good friends. Is this a bit strange?

It’s not the norm for women these days but it’s generally a good thing. I much preferred having a close core group than my current situation of many scattered friends.

Equally it may mean that she simply much prefers to be with you and does not much care for the others.
2/3 is not that small a number
It's good
Reply 9
No. Good friends are hard to come by, usually you weed out the bad ones and that only leaves a handful left. Best to have a few good close friends than lots of fake or pretend friends.
There are way too many fake people out there, having 2-3 solid friends is great! And as one gets older, circles become smaller because some people don't grow up or turn out to be fake. There is absolutely nothing strange with 2-3 solid friends. Would you rather he be surrounded by fake people who advice her badly or take advantage of her? I don't think so.
I'm not sure why you should feel concerned about it? If she's happy then that's all that matters.
One thing I must say is be wary of being stuck around her all the time, especially if you are together a lot. Personally, my girlfriend and I went to the same college and so ended up sticking with each other more or less all the time. I hardly ever had many opportunities to make new friends and I found my own friendship group minimising.

One piece of advice I must give you is to make sure you get time away from her to spend on yourself and your own friends. Do not let your life revolve around your girlfriend, or you'll get burned out and end up breaking up with her like I did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending