Deferred entry

Watch this thread
username4506446
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am applying to university in the UCAS 2020 application.

Predicted grades: Maths (A), Economics (A), Product design (A)

Unis applying to:

Bath - Management including placement year (AAA)

Durham - Business and management with placement year (AAB)

Exeter - Business and management with industrial experience (AAA)

Warwick - Management (AAA)

St Andrews - Management (AAA)

What are the chances of me getting a deferred entry to these unis? Or would it be best to apply for this year and defer later?
JPT2
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I'm sure most people apply now so they get a garenteed space then later (say results Day) say your taking a year off and starting next year and most unis açcept this
username4506446
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by jmundy)
I'm sure most people apply now so they get a garenteed space then later (say results Day) say your taking a year off and starting next year and most unis açcept this
So it would be best to apply for 2020 and then ask on results day to defer place?
JPT2
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous_4657)
So it would be best to apply for 2020 and then ask on results day to defer place?
ye I think so
Muser99
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Depends on each course some at Durham welcome deferred entry sone do not. My daughter applied this year for deferred entry to start in 2020. All her unis choices except Oxford and St Andrews offered her this for her chosen courses. She has now accepted her firm choice for entry in 2020 as she is v happy with it. But if she had wanted to as she did even better than expected on results day she could have withdrawn and started the process again by reapplying to Oxford and St Andrews.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads