Btevie21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Should I study Chinese at university?
I'm big into languages and currently study 5, 2 of which I self study: Korean and Chinese and I'm highly interested in both but Korean is definitely easier, I'm looking into options for studying Chinese at uni but I cant find much info about it.
Last edited by Btevie21; 2 years ago
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you want to study Chinese at university
Btevie21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Yeah I've been back and forth on the idea I know it will consist of much more work than other language degrees which doesn't bother me but I don't know how much opportunity there is with Chinese and Edinburgh is the only uni in Scotland which offers a BA in Chinese studies and if i don't get in would it be worth it to apply to universities in England?
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Btevie21)
Yeah I've been back and forth on the idea I know it will consist of much more work than other language degrees which doesn't bother me but I don't know how much opportunity there is with Chinese and Edinburgh is the only uni in Scotland which offers a BA in Chinese studies and if i don't get in would it be worth it to apply to universities in England?
Well what's the main thing putting you off studying this degree
UoB - Arts and Law
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Btevie21)
Should I study Chinese at university?
I'm big into languages and currently study 5, 2 of which I self study: Korean and Chinese and I'm highly interested in both but Korean is definitely easier, I'm looking into options for studying Chinese at uni but I cant find much info about it.
Hi there,

You can study Mandarin Chinese at the University of Birmingham with native speakers alongside one or two other Modern Languages. At Birmingham, you learn the culture through the medium of the target language, so it's a really innovative way of working. We also offer competitive contact hours of 8 hours per week for the first half of your studies in Birmingham in small groups for your main Chinese language module. Plus, you can spend your entire Year Abroad studying in China, as long as you go on a vacation course in your other target country for a few weeks afterwards.

If you would like me to send you over a course sheet with a year-by-year breakdown of what you learn in Chinese, feel free to email me via [email protected].

Best Wishes,
Danielle

Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator for Modern Languages
University of Birmingham
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads