Travelling to college by train

Watch
Starfan13
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone else travel to college by train? I've decided to go to a different college instead of my local one because I've had issues there before and the staff are not the best.

So I was wondering if anyone else travels to college or doesn't go to their nearest college?
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Starfan13)
Does anyone else travel to college by train? I've decided to go to a different college instead of my local one because I've had issues there before and the staff are not the best.

So I was wondering if anyone else travels to college or doesn't go to their nearest college?
I went to a college that was 2 hour away by train, the travelling is tiring but it gives you extra time to work on assignments and revision as there’s not a lot else to do on trains. It made having a social life quite difficult that being said I made some of the best friends I’ve ever had there who accepted me for me. It also really helped my independence and confidence as it was a completely new place and new start. It was the best decision I made going somewhere other than my local college. If you research the journey time and think you can cope with it I’d say go for it.
Starfan13
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by HobbinsE)
I went to a college that was 2 hour away by train, the travelling is tiring but it gives you extra time to work on assignments and revision as there’s not a lot else to do on trains. It made having a social life quite difficult that being said I made some of the best friends I’ve ever had there who accepted me for me. It also really helped my independence and confidence as it was a completely new place and new start. It was the best decision I made going somewhere other than my local college. If you research the journey time and think you can cope with it I’d say go for it.
Thanks for your comment!

Luckily mine is only a 20 minute train ride down the road and it's hopefully only for 1 year. I'm going to be taking intensive driving lessons once I get a job as well. This college is only 3 days a week, so I think I'd cope.
meipwrk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you can't cope with a 20 minute train ride then you probabky have poor time management skills. my sixth form is 1hr30mins away, that's two buses and a train
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (221)
43.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed