should i go out with with boy?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i was clubbing n i met this angel of a guy, he's rly lovely n respects women and all that and is rly rly nice. And hey no drugs! Idk if i 'fancy' him but he is attractive.. ?
the issue is
he's a distribution driver n I want to go cambridge n I'm not sure if i have the time, Ik I need to stick my head down more this yr- Ive been locked up for 2months w exams )':
the other thing- and this sounds awful but he's not smart smart so I think we wouldn't have many intellectual discussions or anythingwhich i love...
would this all be a waste of time... I'm not rly on my phonefor more than 30mins/day anyhow so im only on it now exams are out but i still have tons to do in summer - work, reading, personal statements, revision etc..

am i being dramatic- yes/ but (do u think) i should call it off now or give it sometime
I was in a relationship w this guy for a couple of months at the beginning of the yr and he drained me bc he was problematic - this angel doesn't appear like that tho?
VMD100
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He sounds like he doesn't deserve a timewaster tbh
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Maybe go on a few dates with him over summer & give him a chance, you can always call it off if you'r not really feeling it anymore!
MiaNova
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so i was clubbing n i met this angel of a guy, he's rly lovely n respects women and all that and is rly rly nice. And hey no drugs! Idk if i 'fancy' him but he is attractive.. ?
the issue is
he's a distribution driver n I want to go cambridge n I'm not sure if i have the time, Ik I need to stick my head down more this yr- Ive been locked up for 2months w exams )':
the other thing- and this sounds awful but he's not smart smart so I think we wouldn't have many intellectual discussions or anythingwhich i love...

would this all be a waste of time... I'm not rly on my phonefor more than 30mins/day anyhow so im only on it now exams are out but i still have tons to do in summer - work, reading, personal statements, revision etc..

am i being dramatic- yes/ but (do u think) i should call it off now or give it sometime
I was in a relationship w this guy for a couple of months at the beginning of the yr and he drained me bc he was problematic - this angel doesn't appear like that tho?
Hey, my name is Mia 👋

Let me get this straight:
1. The "issue" is that he's a driver
2. "He's not smart / wouldn't have any intellectual discussions"

You are being very rude and disrespectful here whether you intended to or not.
1. Just because he's a driver, that does not in any way mean he's not intelligent
2. You're judging all of him based on ONE meeting with him at a CLUB.

You don't really deserve him if all you think about, and claim you "love", is his lack of 'intelligence'.

Yes, you are being dramatic. If you really do like him you'd accept him irrelevant of his class / occupation in comparison to you 🤨

Good luck 🙂
(Original post by VMD100)
He sounds like he doesn't deserve a timewaster tbh
I 💯 agree 🙌
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Someone who structures a post using text-speak thinks someone else isn't smart? :laugh:

It's not the norm to launch into intellectual discussions when out clubbing, so try making a proper judgement on the guy if you can stop being a snob and give him a chance.
aims143
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought this too haha
(Original post by Surnia)
Someone who structures a post using text-speak thinks someone else isn't smart? :laugh:

It's not the norm to launch into intellectual discussions when out clubbing, so try making a proper judgement on the guy if you can stop being a snob and give him a chance.
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aims143)
I thought this too haha
U mn 'i tht ths 2 haha'

It was sooo tempting to reply in the same vein, but just reading the OP was making my eyes bleed...:wtf:
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the issue is

I’d leave it, you’ll have to break up with him anyway once ur at uni, so what’s the point?
Izzythestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you like him just go for it, you’ll make it work. If it doesnt end up working at least you gave it a shot
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
J9899
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you have no time dont bother

Also your judging him off of one meeting, How do you know he dosent like intellectual discussion?
Coolhope
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
And such is life; one spends time with themselves only to find that they had needed that other, and realisation may come only at the time we lay beside the dust. So I will say that his loveliness is great and that your dedication (not to him..) but to yourself also is another beauty in life. I wonder what path you shall choose, even after the advice you sought, and we brewed from you.

Well, no matter the choice, just keep in mind that you have many roads ahead, and this shall come again!, Keep going strong and move forward!!!!
Anonymous #1
this isn't a class thing... I'm not posh either, we're about the same
its more idk if we have any common interests and he doesnt seem particularly ambitious to do anything tbh- i dated a guy before n he was a lump

i should have stipulated i have gone and met him afterwards lmao
it was 'nice' but sparks didnt fly or anything, but he so lovely!! !
Anonymous #1
I didnt make myself clear before but i have met him since once- i dont think we got many similar interests tbh all hes into is cars idk

n fight me text-speak idc boi
Anonymous #1
hello!! thansk for the advice! v sweet

Im making him lasagne n hes coming round next week - im givin it a go i guess lmao
viaeve
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Meet him for a date then you will know! Problem solved?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (230)
13.72%
Impatient (212)
12.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise